2

Takato, Rika and their digimon looked up to see the white cloaked stranger in the tree, watching them with a smile hidden underneath her mask. Her digimon was right behind her, hidden in the shadows of the tree leaves waiting for her command to attack or defend.

She looked over at Guilmon, sitting against the crushed metal fence with a dazed look in his eyes.

"Now, now, Rika, you truly have a funny way of making friends." Naysa said with a chuckle, "He's new, be a little nicer to him, won't you?"

"I don't take orders from you." Rika shouted back, not taking the time to look the stranger in the eye.

Takato watched the two as they indirectly spoke, confused by not only the digimon who attacked his partner Guilmon, but the white hooded stranger that appeared from out of nowhere in the tree.

"What was that all about?" Takato asked Rika then looked up at the hooded stranger.

"That was your digimon eating dirt." Rika snapped back.

Takato's eyes widened when he recognized the red haired girl, "I saw you in my dream. No way, it can't be."

"So, you're a lousy tamer and you're weird. Now, amscray, unless you think you can handle us little boy."

"Speak for yourself, Rika, your the same age as Takato here." The hooded stranger chuckled.

"I am not a lousy tamer and she's right, if I'm a little boy then you're a little girl. You look the same age as me. Guilmon is just young, that's all." Takato shouted.

"Like tamer, like digimon. C'mon, he's at least a rookie, right?" Rika asked.

Takato looked at Guilmon and his partner did the same in confusion. Naysa watched from the tree, taking a seat knowing that this interaction could be a good minute with Rika's kind of personality. But as she watched and waited to talk to Takato alone, Naysa pulled up Guilmon's information on her watch.

"A rookie, though he hasn't been in a single fight as of late." Naysa whispered to her partner.

"He's a virus-type digimon, but he seems so innocent." Aifemon said, "Just wait until he digivolves to champion. I bet he'll be almost as powerful as me then."

Naysa chuckled and dismissed the information, then looked back down to watch.

"Yeah, well at least I think so." Takato answered Rika, "That's kinda what I was going for. You know, I've never done this before."

"Never done what before?" Rika asked, but Takato couldn't answer, "Oh, how very clever. Renamon."

Rika walked away from the about the begin battle while Renamon was ready to fight anyone her partner told her to.

"Wait, call her off. We don't wanna fight." Takato said.

"I knew you were just a little boy with a pet Digimon." Rika shouted back. Naysa laughed from the tree.

"And what does that make you, Rika?" She asked, "If Guilmon is a pet, than Renamon is nothing but a tool for your own selfish reasonings."

"Well, what else are Digimon made for, you weird little masked freak?" Rika shouted at Naysa.

"That's like asking the meaning of life." Takato stated.

"Oh, for goodness sake, let's just get this over with." Renamon jumped into the air and readied her attack. But Naysa was quicker. She took her staff and smiled as she jumped out from the tree and landed in front of Takato, her partner waiting patiently on the ground near Rika.

"Diamond Storm!" Renamon shouted, sending her diamonds to attack.

"Digi-Form! Renamon!" Naysa shouted, her body engulfed in a bright light as the attack was pushed away along with Renamon.