(14)

I finally get off the bus in front of my house, school finally over, at least for the weekend. I sigh, exhausted. Charlie is a little spitfire. She spent the day with me, as she is in all my classes, except for calculus. We spent the day getting to know each other. Well. I definitely got to know her. I gave out as little information possible. I'm quite new to this friend business. And I can barely get a word in. I learned that she's in senior year, like me. She has two younger brothers, and her parents are divorced. She moved here with her mom, for her job. Of course she asked me questions, but I answered them with as little detail possible. I really don't want to get in to trouble, and I know that as soon as I step inside, Mark and Josh will pester me about her. I open the door, and no one is around. Huh? Why am I not being interrogated? I walk upstairs, and I hear laughter coming from the den. Oh. There they are. I dump my stuff in my room, and get changed into yoga pants and a sweater.

"Gemma!" I hear Josh call. I sigh, and roll off the bed. I'm so tired. I can't remember the last time I had a goodnights sleep. I shuffle down the hall, and open the den to find it filled with guys, all quite intimidating. One of them does a cat call, and everybody stares at me. I ignore them, and face Josh.

"I want you to meet everyone." He says. He goes around and introduces everyone, saying there names. I don't really pay attention, until one name makes me freeze. "That's Caleb." I look up quickly, and stare at him. He's smirking at me, and he licks his lips. Josh goes on to say a couple more names, then stops. He stands up and pushes me out of the doorway, into the middle of the room. "Guys this is Gemma, my sister." He says. "If you need anything, tell her. She has to do it, because I'm in charge." He grins at me. "Got it Gemma?" 

"Yep." I say dryly. He chuckles and nods. 

"Good." He says. "And about your new friend." I look up sharply. "Yeah. Mark filled us all in." He continues. "You can keep your little friend, as long as you don't spill about anything." I stare at him confused. He grins again. "Mark wants a crack at her, so he's going to go through you." I laugh, and stare at Mark.

"Couldn't handle the defeat?" I tease.

"Shut up." He mutter darkly.

"You know she won't give in so easily." I say. "She's....different." 

"That's why you're going to help me." He shoots back. I sigh, and shrug.

"Whatever." I say. "It's your funeral." 

"OK." Josh says. "Enough of that." He sits back down. "Make up all the spare beds, and get dinner sorted." I nod, and make my way out the door. Well. At least Charlie gets to stay. That's a good thing. I think.

<><><><><><><><><>

I make my way upstairs with a piping hot bowl of soup. I served all the guys and made myself scarce as soon as I could. Caleb scares me, and I know he wants to talk to me. I just have to make sure that I'm never in the same room as him alone. I lock my door, and start on my homework, taking sips of my soup. I work, for as long as I can, before I'm too tired to continue. I pack up my things, and climb into my bed, exhausted. But yet, I can't sleep. I can hear everybody talking downstairs, and people wandering around the hallways. I shiver, at how screwed up this is. I can't feel safe in my own house. I shut my eyes tight, and try and force myself to sleep. My phone buzzes under my pillow, and I sit up, accepting defeat. I check my messages, and my eyes widen.

'Are you ok?-L.'

What? Why would he text me? I thought he made it very clear that he didn't want me. At all. I sigh, I should answer.

'Yes. I'm fine-G.'

It only takes a few seconds for him to answer.

'I know Josh's lot is staying. Come over if you need anything-L.'

I frown. He doesn't get to be my white knight whenever he wants to be. I can take care of myself.

'I won't.-G.'

I put my phone down, knowing he won't answer. Before I can do anything, there's a knock at my door.

"Open the door." I gasp. It's Caleb.

"No." I say, trying to sound like I'm not wetting my pants.

"Babe, don't worry." He laughs. "I'm not going to tell Josh what happened at the party. If you play nice." He sighs. "Now just open the door." I have to. It will be worse if I don't. 

"O-Ok." I stutter. I slowly get up from my bed, and I unlock the door. I slowly turn the handle, and I swing open the door. Caleb's standing there, leaning in the door way, smirking.

"Good girl." He says, sauntering in, sitting on my bed. "I don't want to give you trouble." He coos. "I won't tell." He leans back on my pillows. "So. You talk to that lot next door?" He asks. I stare at him. This is a test.

"Not anymore." I say quietly. He nods. I guess I passed.

"Good." He says smiling. "Now come here Gemma. Sit down." I do, as far away on the bed as I can. He notices this, and he scoots over, so that we are right next to each other. "Gemma." He says. "We're going to be here for awhile, you should get over this fear you have of me."

"I-I don't have a fear of you." I stutter. He stares at me.

"Yes you do." He says simply. "And here's what's going to happen. You are going to act like nothing happened between us. You will do what I say. And I will keep your secret." I stare at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. I barely know him. What could he know? 

"While you were at school, I took it upon myself to search you room." I glare at him. Seriously? "I found your stash." He says. I shoot up, and bolt to my nightstand, and rip my top drawer open. It's gone.

"What did you do?" I ask breathlessly. He chuckles and stands up. 

"It was a really stupid place to hide more than three thousand dollars Gemma." He says. "And we have all been filled in on your money situation." He walks closer, and stands in front of me.

"What do you want?" I ask, giving up. He chuckles, and tucks some hair behind my ear.

"Think of it as a down payment." He answers. "I will give it back when I trust that you will follow my orders willingly." He starts to leave opening the door. "Oh." He says, popping his head through the door again. "By the way. You have an excellent supply of panties." He slams the door shut, just before the pillow made contact with it. Uh.