13

"Where could we find her?" 

I was with Helen, Arman, and Neil since our other friends weren't available for lunch today. Hiro asked us if we could get a hold of Yanna, but I didn't know where to start. I already tried asking Samantha since she was the closest to her, but she didn't know, too. No... I didn't think that was true. She was lying for some reason. 

"Let's see who her friends are..." Helen took out her phone and scrolled through Samantha's Instagram. Sumilip din ako para tingnan, pero natagalan kami sa kahahanap ng picture ni Yanna roon dahil sa dami ng iba pang pictures kasama ang ibang tao. "I found her!" 

There was a photo of Sam, Yanna, and another girl. They were all at a party and holding red cups. The other girl was morena with her long hair and cute bangs. She had her hand on Yanna's shoulder as she smiled for the camera without her teeth. Her eyes looked strong and fierce, it got me staring longer. 

"She's familiar," I suddenly whispered. Sumandal ako at napahawak sa ulo ko, pilit inaalala kung saan ko ba siya nakita. I knew that face. I knew those features. They were awfully familiar to me. 

"You think you can contact her? Are you friends with her, bro?" tanong ni Arman sa akin at napailing naman ako. 

"Well, you should find her and ask about Yanna," sabi ni Neil at nagkibit-balikat na parang ganoon lang kadali 'yon. 

Helen clicked the account tagged in the photo and stalked the woman. Kierra Ynares. That was her name. My order arrived, so I quietly ate pizza while they talked about Kierra and how to contact her. My mind was more bothered about how she was too familiar to me. Did I... flirt with her before? 

"Is she your ex-girlfriend or something?" Neil asked. 

I never asked someone to be my girlfriend before, but for the girls I went through the getting-to-know stage and really made an effort to go through dates, my friends and I referred to them as my girlfriends. Ex-girlfriends. I couldn't call them flings... since I couldn't differentiate them from the ones I just fucked around with. I also couldn't call them ex-date. That sounded fucking stupid. I only had a few of them, at least less than my flings. I got tired of it easily. 

"I honestly don't think so." I can't remember all the names of the girls I dated before, but I knew their faces... and I didn't think she was one of them. 

"Your type, Shan." Helen laughed and showed me the photo of the woman again. "Are you sure hindi kayo nag-date before?" 

"Maybe you can date her now. Maybe she could tell you where Yanna went," Arman suggested. I didn't talk and just sipped on the juice I ordered, still thinking. 

"Puwede rin. Expert ka naman doon, bro." Tumawa si Neil, nagbibiro. 

Umiling na lang ako at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain ko. I memorized her face in my mind so I would know once I saw her. I didn't find her. I didn't make an effort to. I just continued asking around about Yanna and even tried asking Samantha again, but she probably swore to death that she would never tell anyone about Yanna. She kept her promises seriously.