fighting over forgotten dates and busy schedules - part two (requested)

In a panic, through the blur of her tears, Sana slipped on her shoes and grabbed her phone and keys before rushing out the door.

The air was chilly, making goosebumps appear on her skin instantly and she couldn't help but worry that you might be getting cold, which only made her feet move faster down the sidewalk.

"Y/N! Baby, where'd you go?" She yelled out as she looked all around.

It was dark, only the moonlight and street lamps giving her a little light as she walked quickly and frantically called out for you.

"Y/N? I'm so sorry. Can we please talk!?" She yelled as she continued to walk.

Soon enough, she saw you sitting at the edge of the sidewalk with your knees pulled up to your chests. You were sobbing and Sana rushed to you, wanting and needing to comfort you.

"Y/N! There you are." Sana sighed in relief as she sat beside you, pulling you into her arms.

But, just as you had done before, you pulled away.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and blinked away her tears.

She's always feared that she'd lose you, as you're the greatest thing that's ever happened to her, and in the position she's in she needs you more than anything.

And now, she feels as though it might happen, and it's the most terrified she's ever felt.

"I'm sorry." She cried. "I know I messed up. I can't believe I've forgotten all of these dates. I hate myself for it."

You didn't look at her but you were listening. Your tears were still falling as you listened to the crack in her voice as she spoke, knowing that she was crying, too.

"I feel so awful for letting you down so much. You're always so understanding and supportive of me, no matter how busy or stressed I get. You're always there for me and here I am, forgetting date after date and breaking your heart."

You sniffled and continued to listen to her.

"I was wrong and I've been a terrible girlfriend but I will make things better if you give me the chance. I promise. I'll take tomorrow off, I'll take the next several days off to make everything up to you. I'll make sure I never forget another date again and if I can't make one for any reason, I'll be sure to let you know."

"That's all I want, Sana. I just love you so much and I feel like you don't love me as much as you used to."

"No, baby, no." She whispered and put her hand on your shoulder. "That couldn't be further from the truth. I know I've had a funny way of showing it lately but I only fall even more in love with you every day."

You turned your head, finally looking at her.

"And I want to make this all up to you. I'm not just saying that this time, I'm going to do it."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm taking tomorrow off and devoting every minute to you. I want you to think of what you want to do, anything at all, and we will do it. If you want me to, as I said before, I'll find a way to make sure I get the next few days with you too. I love you and I want to be better. I want to make you happy. I don't want to lose you."

You moved into her arms, giving her a hug, and Sana had never felt more relieved.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." You sniffled as she rubbed your back. "I look forward to our time together. Just promise that you won't ever forget another date. If you can't make it, I'd try to be as understanding as possible. Especially if you let me know."

"Of course." She said. "I just get so busy that I forget about everything else. But that stops now, I promise. No more of what happened today, things are going to change for the better. I love you. I'm going to prove it to you."

You put your lips on hers for a sweet kiss and Sana sighed in relief, cupping your cheeks as your lips moved against hers.

"Come on. I want to get you home. It's cold." She said and stood up, holding out her hand for you to take.

You happily did so and laid your head on her shoulder, walking home hand in hand as you discussed what you could spend tomorrow doing as you both looked forward to everything changing for the best.