Chapter 34 [Sow the seed]

Matthew 10:22

"And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

Aaliyah

"We need to talk." I sit down on the bed in my bedroom and my sister rips off her shoes and jumps flat on the bed.

"Whats up." she says enthusiastically, she has a beaming smile on her face waiting for what i have to say, knowing my sister these next few words are gong to rip that smile right off.

"Im worried about you." I say while fidgeting with my fingers. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Your... worried?"

"I need you to know when i say this its out of love, not out of hate.. promise me you understand."

"Whatever, just say it."

"Promise me." She stares at me hard for a minute, looking slightly concerned before she finally agree's

"I promise."

"Destiny. Ive been reading into things like hell and the end times and im scared." I say while gulping down a hard swallow.

"Then dont read about it. If it really scares you dont read it anymore, problem solved." She says with a satisfied smile

"No! Your not hearing me! Listen please listen." I bursted out.. She looked flabbergasted.

"What the heck are you trying to say, aaliyah, just say it!"

"Im TRYING TO SAY HELL ISNT A JOKE DESTINY ITS BURNING AND GNASHING OF TEETH, ITS MISERY AND Destruction! THE LIFE YOU ARE LIVING..." The look of confusion quickly changes to a look of anger

"Im living what huh? A disgusting life, an evil life? What, are you gonna say im a vile wicked person next?"

"Im not trying to.."

"Has it ever occurred to you that NOT EVERYBODY IS A DAMN CHRISTIAN, i dont need you to try and control my life." She sits up and shouts,

"Im tryng to save yo-"I plead

"You are trying to make yourself feel better! Your selfish, Aaliyah, you only want to help me to help yourself." That felt like a pang in my chest, I wish i could escape this conversation but i cant, i have to make sure she isnt burning for eternity, i wouldnt be able to live with myself.

"look, Im getting baptised tomorrow and i really want you to consider -"

"STOP IT! JUST STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME!" She screams as she bursts out of the room.

"Destiny please" I chase her downstairs but shes already far gone.

What have i done.

*

"Have you ever been baptized before, Ace?" He Passed me my shovel and i used it to plant another seed in the Garden.

"Yup. Bear made sure i did as soon as i was able to talk." Maleek asked me to take care of Ace while his mother took a day off and he stayed at work, he said he cant have any more off days and i understand that.

I never thought i would get to the point where i get jealous of a 5 year old boy, yet here i am. I can barely sit still, i am filled with anxiety waiting for my baptism and after reading that verse about how if someone isnt baptized they cant see heaven...

It made my stomach turn, all i could think about is how i wasnt baptized and how all my family members werent either, Ive tried to talk but they wont listen.. they just dont want to. I feel myself chocking up and was quickly snapped back to reality by Ace handing me another bag of seeds.

"Why did you do it? was it just because Maleek said you should?" He ignored me for a few seconds, waiting to put more water on the plants. When he finally got it in he looked at me and said

"No. I just wanted to do it because in my bible story, Jesus did it so i wanted to do it just like him."

"You want to be like Jesus?" I am astonished by the fact a child would think like this, when i was 5 i was only thinking about cartoons not Christianity.

"Uh Huh! Jesus was the coolest! He had magical powers but not like marvel he had like real powers, He could make blind people see, sick people okay again, he could make more food! He's the best." My face lit up with Joy at the sound of each word. How amazing is it to see little kids have so much interest in God...

"Let me ask you a question." He says while putting more water over the plants and now facing towards me.

"Are you and Bear married?" I cleared my throat and went straight back to planting.

"Hey! You heard me." I chuckled as i dropped the plants and pointed to my side of the plants, signaling for him to water my side of the seeds.

"No we aren't married. Why do you want to know so bad?" He walked over to my side and poured water on it and.

"Because... i want something good to happen for him. He always takes care of me, he always checks if im okay, he buys me whatever i need, he always plays with me even when he just came back from work and is tired... I just want something good to happen to him"

I couldnt help it. I grabbed him and hugged him so tight, that he almost busted into the air. He tried to push himself away from he but couldnt escape my grip.

"Okay okay.." he takes some breathes out after he is finally released.

"How did your parents react to your baptism?" I asked him, planting another seed. His arms stopped in mid air and then he started again.

"Mom was happy, she used to be a real churchy girl but now she takes care of me..." I could hear the sorrow in his voice and it broke my heart,

"Dont put all of that on yourself. Your just a little kid what else can you do at your age?" He ignored that and then continued

" I dont know where my dad is." He took some seeds from my hand and put the all around the holes in the ground.

"I haven't ever met him, but Bear says that we are strong without him, Bear prays for him every night and so do i." This boy is going to make me hug him to death again.

"And bear was right, you are a very strong little man you know that?" He nodded at me then replied confidently

"Yes. Yes i do."

We spent the next hour and a half just planting and decorating the Garden, then we read some bible stories and before i knew it, it was night time and Maleek had came to pick us both up. I got in the front seat and Ace in the back seat and we drove through the New York Night lights..

*

Hey everybody! Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so please vote and comment

God Bless

:)