Chapter 25: 'An Unexpected Visit'

(A/n: Bet you weren't expecting this huh?~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Going throughout the day was pretty much the same. Everyone did their jobs (much to their dismay) and got their work done as they should. But something was missing that took all of the fun of working here. 

You were in your office making sure that everything in your utility belt would be ready for the day ahead. That was when you heard some of the other mechanics talking outside of your door. You couldn't really make out what they were saying, and you didn't really care. Employees talk and gossip all the time, nothing made this any different. 

That was until you heard something that actually caught your attention...

"Hey, did you know that Mr. Grayson's son is back today? Apparently, he was carrying something to his office and looked very tired." One of them whispered.

What?! Daniel was back?! Why didn't you know about this?!

Letting out a small growl of annoyance you slammed your equipment down and began marching your way to Daniel's office. 

~

You knocked on Daniel's office door only to have no answer. Raising a brow, you wiggled the handle. 

Locked. 

You walked over to the window and tried your best to squint into the room through the closed blinds. You saw that the lights were off with the exception of the desk lamp giving off a warm light. Daniel never left his office without turning literally everything off first, so he must be inside. But why wasn't he answering?

Grabbing your universal key to the plex you unlocked the door, quietly stepping inside. Looking around you eventually saw that Daniel wasn't at his desk, but in fact on his couch laying down, his back facing towards you. He was asleep. 

Knowing all too well how that felt, you decided to leave him be. As you turned around to leave you began to hear a soft noise coming from the direction of where Daniel was sleeping. 

"What the...?" You whispered out as you tip-toed your way back over to Daniel's sleeping frame. Once you were close enough, you carefully looked over Daniel to see what could be making that sound. And you were NOT expecting what you saw AT ALL.

It was a BABY!

You froze in place as you looked down at the small thing. It was probably only about a few months old and looked EXACTLY LIKE DANIEL.

You watched as it opened its big round eyes and looked up at you. WOAH, its eyes were the same color palette as Daniel's! Gold and green. But this one's eyes were in a different pattern, it almost looked like the individual colors formed a star around the pupils. Now that you think about it, both Daniel and his father have weird 'patterns' revolving around their eyes. Mr. Grayson has one pure gold and one pure emerald green, and Daniel had the top half of his pupils green and the bottom half gold. You were very confused but at the moment one thing was for sure. 

Daniel and this baby were genetically related. 

You were pulled out of your thoughts when the baby let out a small giggle while smiling at you, lifting its hands up so you could pick them up. 

"Awww, you're a little sweetie pie aren't you?" You giggled back as you lifted your finger down to boop its nose. You were almost there when a much bigger hand roughly grabbed your wrist and a gun was being held to your forehead.