Chapter- 17 can I call you sister

Sanvi’s POV

I am doing morning rounds in the hospital just like every day.

"Dr. Sanvi there was a 20 year old boy who got injured on his head. please take a look at his reports", the nurse handed me the reports.

"Ok, where is he?", I asked her observing the reports.
"He is in emergencyward", she replied.

When I got in to the emergencyward there were two boys with the patient. They all are 19- 20 year old Boys who recently entered university. They are wearing expensive clothes, anyone can tell that these boys are rich by looking at their attire. One boy having tattoos on hands the other one has piercing on his lips. The one who is laying on the bed neither has tattoos nor piercing, he looked decent.

"You two go out", I asked the two boys who are accompanying the injured person and they obediently went out.

I am checking on him, he is constantly looking at me observing my eyes. I can’t tell what he is thinking but I can tell that he is uneasy and hesitant.

He is not severely injured just small wounds here and there, a wound on his head needs some stitches that’s it.

"Bring anesthesia he needs stitches on his head", I said to one of the nurses.

"What's your name?", I asked him.

"Adhitya", he replied.

"Ok Adhitya, tell me how you got this", I asked him pointing at his wound.

"Well doc to tell you the truth, I got in to a fight with my classmates", he said genuinely.

" And Why you fought", I asked.

"They are bullying the weak students so I stood up for them and fought with four guys and you know I beat up all the four of them", he said proudly.

"Ok Adhitya, you have done a great job by standing for the weak but you can approach them in another method also like complaining to the professor. Look what you have got into by fighting with them", I said gently.

He nodded in agreement.

When I went out after treating Adhitya, the two boys are standing there waiting.
"He is fine he will wake up in an hour. They will move him to the general ward, you can see him in there", I said to them and they thanked me.
"and go with that nurse, she will give you first aid for those wounds", I said pointing at their small wounds on hands and legs.

"Thank you doctor", they replied.

"Doctor Sanvi someone sent you these flowers and waiting for you in your office", a nurse said handing me the flowers.

This Sanjay came again.. with that thought I entered  my office shouting, "how many times do I have to tell you Sanjay I…", my words stopped looking at the person infront of me.

"Vedha", I roared excitedly.
She rushed towards me and gave me a bone crashing hug.

Vedha is my best friend.
Vedha, Chitra and I are childhood friends. Vedha is a girl who came from rich family. Chitra’s family also well educated, her parents are civil servents where as me a middle class father’s adopoted daughter but I am not sad atleast I have a person in my life whom I can call as my family. However they treat me very well.

Vedha is also a doctor, she went abroad for higher studies and research, two years ago.

"When did you come back?", I asked her releasing her from hug.

"Yesterday night", she said.

"Why didn’t you told me in advance", I pretended to be angry.

"To surprise you baby, don’t be angry", she smiled.