The Second Summoner

It was past noon and the lesson being led by Kidd on the class of five students, all of the students are attentively listening to the instructor which is telling a story about summoners.

Kyler and Thirdy is pretty interested on the topic while Rafaiel and Ean is trying to stop their sleepiness. Unless they want to feel a marker flying on their heads. Pretty much what happened on the other day, explaining the red blot on their forehead.

"Basically, there are only two summoners left in Raneagard." Kidd said in a plain tone trying to keep the loudness in control, but at the same time letting the students hear what is being discussed.

"Sir Kidd!" Thirdy raised a hand on the air catching the attention of the teachers, on which Kidd nodded for the Silver haired elf to continue his question. "What is exactly the reason why summoners vanished in the realm?" Kidd stayed silent for a little while and looked in a different direction.

And then, he face Thirdy with a closed eyes, and then to Reighn who was just waiting for the answer. "For that to be answered, let's ask a Night Folk on why they appeared on the realm. Reign, please." And Reign stood from her chair feeling nervous.

"I don't exactly know the reason, but it is said that the first night folk appeared when a Human and a Summoner bore a children." She stopped midway and collected her thoughts. "That is the first theory, but what I think is, the first Night Folk that appeared on the land was due to the shifting of the scale of the world. Altering the genetics and magical make up of all the species on the world. Thus, minority of the Humans who lives in the forest, mountains, or in short wilderness, who was attached to nature become the first Night Folks to be known." And Reign seated herself.

Kidd smiled and then went to Ean who was nearly snoozing off until he felt that Kidd was going to him and hit him soflty with the hard bound book Kidd was carrying. "How about the werefolks?"

Without standing up Ean said, "Were Creatures, Uhm, uhm, I do nothing extracting the really answering Sir Kidd." And with that, without opening his eyes, Kidd smacked Ean hard in the head that made Ean touch his head with pain. The noise also made Rafaiel suddenly alert of his surrounding while trying to figure out why the three students are holding out their laugh.

"Ean, if you could not at least answer the history, then might as well as fix your. . . . Choice of words."

Kidd went back at the front of the room and sighed, "Werefolks, they are one of the original inhabitants of this world. Together with the Winged Race, Elves, Dwarves, Deamons, Spirits, and Fae, they actually lived together in harmony and balance despite their differences."

"Summoners are one of the lesser race in the realms back then. Every race in the realm can be a summoner given the fact that they can have both White and Black magic in tow."

"So basically means, that if a dwarf with an ability of black and white magic, he can be a summoner?" Kyler asked.

"Yes, that is possible, but very rare, since all of us can only have one color magic when we are born. Some can have two lor three like Reighn, for having white and blue magic. But that doesn't mean that she can be a summoner. No."

"According to research from one generation to the next, the record shows that summoners have an access to only two color magic, white and black. It was very consistent with all the records from different ruins and texts from the ancients." Kidd opened his eyes and a pupil of light grey was shown instead of his usual red color.

"Ever since the summoners died, we had an access to a variety of color magic but no living creature, or the undead, has an access to both black and white magic only." And Kidd stopped from the spot as if remembering something.