{68}- Next Steps | A Target for the Liberator

Sorry for being lazy lately...
HELLO! This chapter, Arc 5's finale, is finally out!

After around 5 months and a half, we're at the end of Arc 5!

Arc 5.5 will start on Feb 17, with Capella's Valentine Special coming on Feb 14~!

Thank you all for supporting me along this journey, and I hope you'll all accompany me until the end of this!

Y/N POV

"So, what are you two doing here?" I asked the fallen warriors, both renown throughout the world.

Kurgan, the blue-skinned Eight-Arms, is known as Vollachia's War God, only to be slain by Regulus when he flattened the city of Garkla 14 years ago.

Theresia van Astrea, Lugnica's previous generation Sword Saint, was slain by Pandora during the their Subjugation of the White Whale.

Both great warriors who died around the same timeframe, both resurrected by the Witch Cult, and both now apparently stuck and contained within the artificial domain for deceased souls:

The Necropolis.

"You are..." Theresia said as she turned towards me. "Ah, the Y/N boy, right?"

"Yes, Theresia-san. May I know what's going on here?" I asked them, and surprisingly, the blue giant decided to answer first.

"I saw her strength, and I decided to fight her to see if she's truly as good as they she is. I mean, her husband was a heck of a monster, so I wanted to test her out. However, she didn't really want to fight, and that's how we got here."

"Ah... I see. Well, you can't really expect someone to just willingly fight with you all the time, right?"

"Hmm. I suppose you're correct. But you know, living in a plain plane of existence like this is kinda dull, don't you think, kid?"

"Ah, I see your point." I nodded before I drew a tiny circle into the air, drew an alpha symbol, and inputed some world generation code as it started making grass and some animals. Using my authority, I began to make a table, chairs, and food as they settled onto the newly lit grass, brightening the atmosphere up.

"Is this better?" I asked them, and surprisingly, the two adversaries nodded. However, Kurgan was still raring for a fight.

I took up his offer, with Theresia standing aside as the judge. I opened up the screen that allowed me to browse my abilities, and the Periodic Table showed itself as I smiled at the new element unlocked.

"I do indeed love a little explosion." I smiled as I gave Kurgan the signal to start, and he rushed forward with his Demon Cleavers, ready to strike.

"Element number 37. Rubidium formation."

The alkali metal spawned out of thin air before embedding into the glasses of water I made earlier, decorating the path that lead Kurgan to me. As they reacted, tiny explosions sounded across the battlefield, creating some chemical smoke. I smiled before taking out my three swords, and clashed into the four demon cleavers that Wilhelm fought against in his younger years. I realized why that Kurgan is such a tough enemy to beat, while some might just say that more arms are just more of a hassle, his movements are fluid.

Kurgan's quadra wielding is giving me some hints on how I might utilize 4 or more swords in the future. Every slash he does hits the target, while his unused arms are tucked in tightly, only to strike when the opponent is grabbed.

Realizing his fighting strategy, I smiled and sheathed all three of my swords before putting them back. I then activated my authorities, and knew what exactly to do.