26. It was home!

Okay so let me get this straight, with good looks, adorableness, that weird winking thing stubbornness also runs in these Arnolds' veins

It's like they are on the same wavelength, the only difference being the age factor.

"Mama.", I tried to reason with his mother, but by now her stubbornness had become almost irrational." How can I stay at his penthouse? I mean-", I turned my face to him giving a warning look but that, that overly gorgeous man just gave me a shrug. He was enjoying this more than he should be.

"I don't get what's the problem.", she huffed."It's not like I'm leaving you guys alone, unless..."My cheeks heated when she gave me a knowing look." I know Nico can be a real pain in the arse sometimes but my son is no trouble. He would always try his best to be helpful and not just his best, but the best he can do.", she ended with a proud smile.

"Wow, thanks for praising me so generously, Mama.", he said sarcastically, an angry scowl etched on his gorgeous face.

Damn! I'm complimenting him a lot nowadays. I need to stop right now.

"But Mama, I am just a babysitter of his niece. What if someone got to know I'm staying at his penthouse. It'd bring unnecessary attention and problems to all of us." I explained my predicament trying to sit straight. It did hurt to do any type of stretching but I can't just lay all the time, the doctor had given the green signal that I can go home after a week of living in this hell hole.

More like, I asked Nicolas to make the doctor release me, he was adamant about making me stay for a few days more. Only I know how I lived these days and nights with a constant fear of having those flashes every night but bless the medicines, they were quite powerful. I'd slept soundly but last night he stopped giving me that particular medicine and once again I went through all that.

If only, he had got convinced and stayed in the room, he'd have known what sort of pathetic, weak and traumatized woman I was.

This is one of the hundred reasons why I don't want to live at his place. What if by chance he gets to see me in my most vulnerable condition, again.

"You're not just a babysitter, I've told you this before.", He said seriously, he came closer and kept his hand on my back, helping me to sit.

"Exactly, you're my Nico's lo-..", her words got interrupted by a loud cough." I mean, Nico's life's.. yeah you're an important part of Nico's life.", her words came out in breaks as if she just got caught redhanded and one second, how am I an important part of Nico-I mean Nicolas' life. I gave her an inquisitive look but she didn't elaborate.

"Mama.", I held her hand, "I promise I'll be fine by myself. I had been for the past years and I've managed well so far.", I smiled at her concern. She looked at her son, her eyes filled with compassion and worry. I caught a glance at him and it seemed the mother and son were having some talking.

That's some werewolf mind link sh*t!

She turned to me and I stopped catching glances at Nicolas." You tell me, God forbids but let's be practical. If at night you got any pain then what will you do? I know you can manage everything well alone but you don't have to, my dear.", her words made me froze. "You have me, Sienna, Evans, Aiden, Kia..-, she gave a warm smile to me" -and Nico. Ari, I can't force you to come and stay with Nico and Kia but if you did, I know my son, he'd not let you get any pain."