Chapter 7: Natalia

"Please boss, think this over"

"No"

"Please, it'll just be for a couple of hours. You can leave anytime you want"

"No!"

"Won't you even think about it first before saying no, there's going to be a lot of business men and women..."

"Go back to work Oliver, I've already told you that I won't be there"

Oliver sighed in frustration but I totally ignored him. I have no time to be arguing with my employee.

"Come on boss, think this over. I really want you to be at my wedding"

I looked up at him from the piles of paper work on my desk with a bored expression "I see no reason why I should be at your wedding Oliver, so don't try to convince me because my answer remains a big No!"

Oliver sighed again pushing aside strands of long dark hair that frames his face. He had his hair down today and the length stop right at his shoulder blade.

Ignoring his presence, I went back to work hoping that he would do the same and give up trying to convince me. I didn't want to get angry and fire him on spot, Oliver is very important to my company, lucky him.

"I already promised Mr Romero that I will make sure you're there. He said he invited you but you rudely refused" he shot me an accusing glare.

Oliver really got balls I have to give him that. He's the only one who has the courage to speak to me like this. Everyone in this company were so afraid that they couldn't even bare looking me straight in the eye for fear of losing their job, but Oliver was different.

At first it annoyed me to the point that I almost didn't care about his capabilities and I almost had him fired, but over the years I grew use to it and it felt natural. Not that I consider him a friend or anything else.

"Mr Romero knew I'm not the type of person to waste my time attending weddings when I should be making millions"

I recall the deal we made at his office yesterday. He had asked me to tutor his incompetent son on how to manage a company in exchange for shares in RBS and of course I couldn't resist such generous deal.

The thought of tutoring Raphael Romero didn't sit well with me. I had seen him yesterday and just looking at him made me realize what an incompetent fool he was and always had been. He even got the nerve to hit on me.

The bastard.

It would be quite difficult to be his tutor if he was going to continue that attitude with me, but I'll endure it all and set his brain straight on how to manage a business, I really need those shares.

"Would you stop worrying about work for once in your life, president?" Oliver suddenly snap, he sounded kind of irritated.

Why does he want me at his stupid wedding. I hated attending cliche events. It'll be about joining two people together where they will both make vows that they are so not going to keep.

I sighed, irritated with his pestering "Give up already Oliver, I'm not going"

Oliver heaved a long dramatic sigh, his shoulder slump and I thought he finally gave up, but unfortunately, he use the one threat that would get to me no matter what  "Chloe couldn't make it but I can tell her to convince you"

I shot him a vicious glare "don't even dare say anything to her"

Oliver's eyes lit with amusement "its kind of funny how that girl gets to you" he pulled out his phone just to annoy me further "I can call her now and..."