2 |What Kind Of Name Is 'Young'?|

Pic above is what I imagine as Adrian :)

This chap is dedicated to the one that has been super supportive since... FOREVER??

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I hope we can continue being such good friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Wait, so you're telling me that everyone in your family has the name of a perfume brand?' Adrian asked incredulously.

I nodded slowly, giving him the 'duh' look.

'It's a strict rule in my family.'

Adrian started laughing at the ridiculity of it all, and I knew, after having the first hour of math with him, that this one laugh would continue on for a while.

The ones that started low and got higher would last about a minute. His high laughs on the other hand, would last around 10 seconds. I inwardly scold myself for being such a creep and taking note of these things.

We were now heading to the canteen for our break.

'Hey.' I stopped walking and raised my hands defensively.

'It's not my fault my parents have some weird fetish for smelling good' I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

Adrian shamelessly sniffed me. 'You do smell good.' He then chortled, laughing at himself.

'It's not that funny Adrian...' I moaned.

'Well I think it's really funny' he choked out, pretending to wipe tears from his eyes.

It really isn't even THAT funny. If anything, it's cute.

I rolled my eyes at him as he continued laughing.

So, I did what instinct told me.

I smacked him. Hard. On the arm. The laughter ceased as his mouth opened in astonishment at my violence.

Damn! His arm is hard. Seriously, did all the boys in this school work out together in a-

My thoughts were cut off when he suddenly pulled my hairband off, letting my hazel brown hair fly loose.

My eyes widened in shock. He did NOT just do that. Did he know how long it had taken me to TIE that thing??

I was a major perfectionist for most things, especially my hair. When I ran my fingers through my hair, I absolutely couldn't stand it when there was resistance. So when I tied my hair up, which involved redoing the band 10 times and pathetically brushing it with my fingers, I did not want to take the rubber band off again until I needed to.

'You! Give-it-back-' I sputtered, trying to reach his outstretched arm that tauntingly dangled my hairband.

Sadly, I was a little shorter than him, and he had the reflexes of a cobra.

I couldn't get it. After 20 seconds of me darting for his hand, and him expertly dodging my attacks, I gave up.

I crossed my arms, harrumphed and started stalking away from him, 'Classic Chloe' move.

'Hermosa' he sing-songed, catching up with me easily. He passed me back my hairband which I quickly put on my wrist, not asking what he had just called me out of spite.

'So what are the names of your family members?'

I sighed. I always got this when I met new people, but it had only happened for a short while in my previous school, since everybody knew everybody since Grade 1 and word of my arrival in Grade 4 had travelled fast.