Chapter Twenty-seven

Sam Lewis 🙂

I shovelled more spaghetti bolognese into my mouth, relishing the saucy goodness of it.

I could've totally been on cloud number nine if a certain blue-eyed guy would be discreet at staring at me.

We were at the restaurant, after Jordan had willfully bought clothes for me at the mall like he said, and made us discard the clothes we were in before.

Our earlier clothes were in the plastic bag I was holding. You didn't expect it will vanish as if we were in a dress up game, did you?

        Thankfully when we had bought the clothes, he didn't pose any further problems and allowed me the needed privacy to change before he also went off to change.

As I was sitting here enjoying the serene aura of the place and of course the food, I was also feeling so much like a fine guy in my new clothes–an oversized ash hoodie paired with a not so snug black skinny jeans.

I can bet on my left ar– on my earlobe that some of the ladies at the corner booth were checking me out when we stepped inside the restaurant.

Taking a forkful into my mouth, I finally released a breath, looking up at him.

"Should I be worried of how long you're staring, man?"

He smirked discreetly, raising the glass to his lips as he maintained eye contact.

"I'm just amused of how you can eat. You literally ate a whole grilled turkey some minutes ago."

I shrugged unfazedly,"well, I told you I love food."

He smiled, staring at me.

I cleared my throat, finishing the last bits of my spag. "What says the time? We must be heading back on campus."

Jordan flicked his phone on.

"Just a half past six. C'mon Sam,we seriously can't head back at this time. The curfew is all the way till nine."

I laughed at curfew. "Better late than sorry mm?"

   He rolled his eyes girlishly. "It won't hurt to break a rule."

  "I'm not going to break any school rule."

Jordan brought his hands up in surrender.

"Chill, chill. We won't have to break any rules. I'm just suggesting we hit another spot, just one last place then we can head back."

"You really are familiar with this place aren't you? You stay around here or something?"

    "Oh, nah,"he chuckled,"but my grandmother does. Jude and I usually visit when we come home for vacations."

"I see... so when was the last time?"

"Quite long. I've not been to her place since I ended up at Noble boys. I actually thought that being here, I'd have been able to pay more visits but turned out the school was more or less like a secondary school with all those shitty curfews."

  "Savage,"I laughed.

Jordan smiled and then his eyes lit up like he had remembered something.

"There's this place I wanna show you, Sam."

"Really?"I moistened my lips, standing up with him.

  "Yeah. It's a bit far from here so I have requested for an Uber."

I felt my brows bunching up in worry.

"Bro,wouldn't the Uber be more expensive?"

Jordan brushed something off my shoulder.