ONE HUNDRED AND ONE

BOAT

The boat was docked and quiet, River had become much quieter than before not that Georgia knew what she was like before. The water looked calming but River was still panicked.

"Is there going to be a doctor when we get wherever we're going?" She asked Georgia as the woman laid her down on a couch that was pressed underneath a window that looked out onto the rest of the boat.

"Sure, baby." Georgia cooed she seemed to be overly sweet but also very anxious, her head moving from side to side not that River noticed because she was zoned out her physical and mental pain taking over.

The boat started to set off and the slow rocking of the waves sent River into a soft sleep one which made her dream only of JJ and their baby giggling and gargling on his knee. A dream that now would never become reality.

That was until the girl was awoken by a siren and the rattle of what sounded like an overhead speaker.

"Attention all passengers and crew. Report to the tween forward hull." There was a pause before it came again, "Attention all passengers, all crew, report to the tween forward hull. That's an order. Repeat. All hands and all passengers report to the tween forward hulls immediately."

River didn't exactly know what to do, she knew that she probably needed to follow the orders of the man but she was alone and she was certain that Georgia had locked her in there.

She pulled herself up tirelessly and headed to the large metal door, the sound of the wheel turning screeched and then paused tugging as it felt the lock. It made River start to panic, if the girl couldn't leave the room and there was an emergency she was in grave danger.

She looked around the room to see if there was an escape, she flickered to the window but paused for a brief moment realising that smashing it would only be left as a last resort.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" River shouted banging hard on the door, if anyone was out in the hall hopefully they would hear her and let her out before it was too late, she went quiet as a far away voice shouted something.

"Sarah! Sarah!" John B shouted as he walked down the small hall he was opening all the doors to make sure that she wasn't still inside. He reached the door that River was behind and shouted again.

"Oh my god! John B." River shouted through the metal, "John B!" She cried again her eyes tearing up just hearing his voice, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"River?" John B questioned awfully confused, he tried the door but it was stuck and he noticed the wooden plank holding her hostage and pulled it up and away from the door allowing it to swing open, "River? What are you doing here?" He asked automatically cupping the back of her head as she fell into his chest.

"I asked you first." She laughed into his chest even though she was practically crying, her tears dampening his shirt.

"Sarah's being held on this boat. Wards here too, he never died." He replied shortly, "Why are you here? Is that your blood?" He panicked reaching forward to touch the girls clothing and her bottom lip trembled realising what had happened.

"My mom brought me here, she said she was just trying to get away from Reggie. It's Wards boat? So she knew he wasn't dead?" She looked up with big wide eyes they were glistening with tears and John B brought her in for another hug, "The baby's gone." She whispered sadly and John B let out a deep sigh running his hands over the girl.

"I'm so sorry, RC." He whispered kissing the top of her head, "Come on, let's get you off of this boat. JJ should be just around the corner." He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears, "I'm glad you're here."

"I'm so glad you were here too."

River started up in a sprint leaving John B looking for Sarah, she headed through a room illuminated by red light and up a flight of stairs. When the wind hit her face she knew she was free.

"Pope!" River shouted looking upwards to the crane and the boy paused pulling up the golden cross and waved at her shock taking over his face as he realised she wasn't meant to be there. "Where's Silas?" She screamed up towards him and the boy pointed across the boat so the girl broke out into another hobbled run everything hurting now.

Silas was following behind JJ and Kie, he'd decided that while River was missing and she was carrying his baby the duo were not morally allowed to be alone with each other just in case they did something and lied about it afterwards.

He didn't know whether he was imagining it or not but when he turned to check the coast was clear and he saw the small blonde girl drenched in blood he couldn't help but pause.

"River?" He questioned aloud and everyone turned to look at her the trio completely thrown by her presence. They started to run towards her the girl heading straight to JJ collapsing into a hug.

"What happened?" He panicked kissing her head so many times she couldn't count, holding her tightly as the others watched waiting for an answer. "Are you okay?" He questioned now much softer pulling her away from his chest to kiss her lips tentatively, "Is the baby okay?" He found himself asking which made Silas proud of his paternal side.

"No." Rivers voice cracked, "I'm sorry."

wrote by lucidgravity