24 | the beginning of darkness

━━━━

CHAPTER WARNINGS:

brutality, graphic description
of violence, blood, mentions of
drugs, death, murder

━━━━

AFTER HER MEETING with the pro heroes, Y/n came back to the hideout per usual. Eri had noticed her jovial mood which she queried but never got an absolute answer. As of the moment, Y/n had cuddled her to sleep.

"Eri, listen to me very closely okay." the young genius whispered ever so lowly. The young kid nodded her head and shifted closer to her. "Remember the green-haired boy that you met the other day?"

Eri perked up but the young genius held her head down again. "Pretend that you're going to sleep." she said, "And that I am telling you a story, okay?" The young girl nodded her head and rested her eyes close.

"We're going to get you out of here."

Those words made Eri tighten her hold on Y/n. The latter could feel the young kid shaking as if she was on the verge of crying. "Eri, I need you to listen to the heroes, okay?" Y/n instructed, "No matter what Overhaul says, don't listen to him alright? Can you do that for me?"

Eri slightly nodded her head, her little heart pulsating inside of her chest at the thought of finally escaping from this hell hole.

"If I'm not there, don't hesitate to come to others."

"Where're you going?" asked Eri, she couldn't help the worry in her voice.

"That is only an 'if' Eri, we must be prepared for anything that could possibly happen." said Y/n, "We'll get you out of here, I promise. Now you better get some nap and gain some energy."

Y/n felt Eri relax in her embrace and stroked her head soothingly. The young genius waited for a few minutes for Eri to sleep and went over to their lounge from the other building to prepare the security system as the heroes would be on their way for about a few hours.

Arriving, Y/n paid no attention to the others and proceeded to do her own business. "Hey, brat!" called Mimic over a sheaf of cash piling on the table. "You make millions every day and all you gave is one hundred thousand yen?!"

Y/n sprawled on the couch with a laptop on her lap, eyes focus on the screen; she replied, "Beggars can't be choosy, Mimic."

Waves of laughter filled the room along with Mimic's string of curses. Y/n glanced at them briefly, noticing that almost all of the members are present.

Nearly half an hour had her eyes maintained on the screen, the longevity had caused her eyes to sting and itch in strain. A strong stench of alcohol had entered her lungs which made her barf, the remembrance of the liquor made her notice the feeling of dryness in her throat that felt like the surface of a sandpaper.

Knowing the only alcoholic in the group, Y/n ordered the man without glancing at him; "Deidoro, can you pass me some coke?"

The bony yet muscular man stumbled his way toward her and handed her a transparent package. Y/n tore her eyes away from the screen and looked at the cellophane in his hands which contained a white powdery substance.

"...I meant the drink."

The others howled in laughter. "Oh... Hic... My bad... Hic..." Deidoro slurred between hiccups, steps tumbling as he went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of juice. "Here."