AWAKE : SIX

Y/N'S POINT OF VIEW

We held our ground, motionless as the huge dog continued its threatening growl. My mind was paralyzed, feet rooted to the spot as my brain started to shut down.

 "What's our next move?" Mina's whisper barely reached my ears, her proximity being our saving grace. 

I can't see their facial expressions because I can't move my head to look at them, but I know for sure that they're all afraid...like me.

 "We need to run," Tzuyu said, "As far and as fast as possible." 

 "But how?" I heard Sana asked, "I'm pretty sure that it will outrun us."

I took some deep breaths as I calmed myself. I slowly roam my eyes around. I need to find something that will help us—something that I can use as my or our weapon.

"We'd be dead before we even take our few steps," Nayeon stammers. I can feel her body slightly shaking because of the fear.

I swallow; I need to concentrate. I can't be infected by the fear they are feeling right now. I can't let myself breakdown. I need to find something useful as soon as I can

As I landed my sight on Momo, I saw a large butcher knife. It approximately six inches long, with a broad. I look at Momo, trying to get her attention. As soon as her eyes met mine, I slowly pointed at the butcher knife.

"Hand it to me," I say. She nods in agreement.

She moved her gaze at the dog who's in front of us, looking at growling. Finding a way to devour us like he did to the person earlier.

"We're running out of time, Momo," I said. I look at Momo again, encouraging her to get the knife. When she grabbed the butcher knife, she quickly looked at me and waited for the next word I would say.

I look at Mina, who's beside me. "Take the knife from Momo and hand it to me."

She just shook her head. "I c-can't..."

Shit.

She could no longer move due to the extreme fear she's been feeling right now. I gritted my teeth. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were too far from Momo, and Tzuyu and Jeongyeon were in front of us, while Jihyo and Sana were beside Nayeon.

The only one I could talk to to get the knife was Mina, but how...? I can't convince someone to snap out of something.

"Mina...please. Get the knife," I said, toning my voice into convincing.

But she doesn't seem to hear anything. She just stood there, looking straight ahead, like her body was paralyzed.

I suddenly looked in front of us as I heard the dog let out a loud growl again. 

Shit.

Desperate. I reach for Mina's shoulder as I grip at her tightly. "Please. Get that fucking knife from Momo and give it to me."

She just looked at me again before shaking her head as a sign of no. As I felt my blood boiling inside of me, I suddenly raised my voice at her. "Fucking, Mina. Do you want us to leave this place alive or let that fucking dog devour us?!"

Because of my loud voice, the dog barked again and stepped closer to us. Damn. We're going to die.

Mina's eyes became clear. I think it was because I shouted at her. She immediately took the knife from Momo's hand and gave it to me. I let out a heavy sigh before flashing her a grateful smile.