Chapter 47- Hospital

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

3 chapters at once

Amara Calvetti (Thorne)

6 months later

It's normal to judge.

It's normal to think negative things about someone you barely know... it's something that's part of human nature. We meet people, then we like them or we don't, even though maybe we haven't even seen their true side.

Sometimes later on in our life, we realize that this person isn't so bad...we were just victims of our society. And then eventually we become friends and laugh about how stupid we were for not liking each other at first. It's normal to judge and have opinions, the only important thing is to try to give the person a chance.

Yes, this happens a lot.

...but not with her.

The first time I saw Vivian in that dark room with those other girls who were suffering all these years... I knew she was my soulmate. When she comforted two children who just arrived and told them to be strong because someday everything will be fine...I knew I would protect her at all costs. Most of the kids that were locked up there isolated themselves from the others and I would never dare to judge them... I can't imagine how they must have felt and this was just their way to deal with the situation but not Vivian.

No, not my best friend. When someone needed the food more even though she wasn't satisfied remotely with the little bread she got every day, she gave part of it to them. She gave the others tips to deal with the pain better and what they could do to maintain their humanity while enduring unthinkable things.

And that's why I promised to protect her...

I look away from the window when I feel a hand on my thigh, stopping me from nervously bobbing it up and down.

"Amara, everything will be fine. She is one of the strongest people I have ever met...if someone can do this... then it's her." Adriano tries to comfort me, looking deep into my eyes, his face branded with concern.

I exhale deeply trying to calm myself down.

She will be fine.

The baby will be fine.

Premature births are not rare... she is strong.

Just some little complications... nothing that can't be solved by the best doctors in this entire fucking world.

What if she dies?

What if the baby dies?

It's going to kill her...

She is never going to forgive herself.

Why is it always her? Her entire life was full of pain and soul-shattering torture and when she finally got what she deserves this is happening?

This is not fucking fair.

No. No. No.

Adriano leans his forehead against mine, having his hand on the back of my head, pulling me closer.

"Everything is gonna be fine. I promise... I promise, anima mia." He whispers and I pull away not looking him into his eyes.

"Don't promise this. Don't promise things you can't control. You can't know if they will be fine. My best friend could die. Her baby, our niece or nephew could die." I choke out, my voice breaking.