49. Overhaul

I looked at Hari as he stared at his formula. He really needed a break. He'd been like this all week, I'm not even sure if he's even eaten much.

"Hari. Get ready. Dress nice. I'll see you in 30 minutes then we'll leave."

He looked at me confused, "Where are we going?"

"Our date." I said smirking, a plan already in mind.

"Oh. Uh. Sure." He said blushing. I nodded then left to get ready.

-time skip

"I'm ready." Hari said coming out of his room.

"Let's go."

I grabbed his hand, while wearing a glove of course, and we began walking.

"Where are we going?" Hari asked me.

"You'll see."

After a while we arrived at the restaurant. I had already reserved two seats for us, which was good because the waiting time was around 2-5 hours already.

We sat down and began looking at the menu. It was a steak place, and I don't think Hari has ever gone to a steak house before. I watched as he looked at the menu, trying to decide what he was getting. I had already looked at the menu before coming here, so I already knew what I wanted.

"Having trouble there?" I asked after awhile. He was looking intensely at one page, then looked at me, embarrassed.

"Yeah, a bit? Is there any that you recommend?"

"I got the regular. It's a steak with their special sauce. But for you, I think the sweet and spicy steak would be good for you."

"Yeah, I'll probably get that then."

"Alright."

Soon a waiter came over.

"Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yes, we'll have two cups of Pepsi, a regular steak, and a sweet and spicy steak."

"Alright." and with that she left.

"Thanks for bringing me here Kai. I really needed it." Hari said smiling.

"Of course. Plus, what husband would I be if I didn't take care of you?"

He blushed at that and nodded.

"How's work?" he asked me after a moment of silence.

"It's alright. Same as always. What about you?"

"Well, the... 'cooking' has been stressful, but other then that Eri's a good kid so she's easy to take care of."

"How has she been lately?" I said awkwardly. It still felt strange for me that we had a kid.

"She's been great. When it was her friend's birthday we went to the family's house and they were nice. She's having fun. Smiling more. I really want to keep it that way."

I nodded not really knowing what to say. We continued talking about many things, our childhood, annoying people, and a whole bunch of other topics until our food came.

"Wow. This is really good." he said taking a bit out of his steak.

"Really, can I try?"

"Sure." I took a bite out of his steak and it was tasty, but way too spicy for my liking. I let him try some of mine.

"That's good." he said.

"Yeah, which one do you like better?"

"Definitely the sweet and spicy." he laughed. "They really got a good amount of spice in the sause, but it's still sweet, which I love. What about you."

"I'd say mine. Your's is too spicy for me. But I'm glad you like it."

"Thanks Kai."

I nodded as we continued our meal, after we finished our steak we got some dessert, paid, then went on a walk.

"It's nice outside." Hari said as we walked outside. It wasn't as crowded as usual because it was winter and night, but it was still very crowded.

"Yeah, it would be better if their were less people."

"Like a forest!" Hari said excitedly. I smiled thinking back to our conversation many years ago.

-flash back-many years ago

"Hey, Hari. If you could like in the perfect spot,where would it be?" I asked Hari as he was sitting next to me doing homework.

"Hmm, why do you want to know?"

"Just wanted to know. I'd live in a big clean house that doesn't have lots of people. It would be far away from the city, but not too far so that I can go when I need to. Of course I'd have some people working there. Some clean, others work on the yard. You know just people to deal with all those stuff. "

"So, like a rich person?"

"Yup."
"Well, I think,no,I know, I'd love to live in a cottage in the woods."

"Why?" I asked him confused.

"Well, it would be cozy. I like the idea of living in a small cozy house. But, I want to be completely far away from people. Far away from everyone. Just me... well, I guess maybe someone else one day too."

"Why a forest thought. They're so dirty. That sounds like a nightmare."

"To me forests are kinda magical. I mean, yeah, I know magic doesn't exist, but they're enchanting. They're so many amazing plants and animals in then, and just think about all the studying I could do there Kai! I could find out more about plant behaviors! Making remedies out of new plants! I could even discover new plants and animals there! The possibilities are endless!"

"I'm pretty sure their is an extent to the possibilities in a forest. Anyway it's dangerous. You could get eaten there by some animal or attacked by another."

-Flashback ends

"Yeah, no. That still sounds like a nightmare. I'd rather be here on New Year's Eve."

"Wow. I'll take personal offense to that."

"No you won't."

He laughed at what I said and replied, "Yeah, your right."

We continued walking when Hari suddenly stopped. He was looking at something next to me. I looked to my side to see a flower shop. It was still open.

"You want a flower?" I asked confused. No. That's not just it. He was staring intensely at a certain type of flower and I could see the gears turning in his brain.

"Kai. That's it."