The ideal type

"Jiang Cheng, if you have such high standards, no one will ever want to marry you! You know, not all the ladies out there are perfect and sometimes, you just have to ease up on your selection criteria a bit for you to find a wife."

"Wei Wuxian, what nonsense are you spouting? I do not need a wife."

"Of course you do!"

"Do I now?"

"Yes, you are a sect leader, you have a duty to continue the clan."

"..."

"Plus, having a partner in life is the best thing possible. Your ideal type is just too hard to come by!"

"I do not want to compromise on this..."

"But you will have to or no one would fit your selection criteria!"

"Well, if you are so smart, then what was your type back when we were younger? Let me see how you could compromise!"

"If you insist, I will gracefully provide my advice."

"Who asked for your advice?"

"Now, now, Jiang Cheng."

"...!"

"My partner should be strong and smart..."

"..."

"They should be good at cultivation so they could be my rival and we could have plenty of good time sparring..."

"..."

"They should not boast about their strength too much..."

"..."

"...instead, they should be true to their heart and always do the right thing..."

"..."

"They should never go back on their word..."

"..."

"They should stand for justice and be righteous..."

"..."

"...be ruthless whenever necessary..."

"..."

"...but at the same time be considerate and sweet..."

"..."

"They should think about me and love me just as much as I would love them..."

"..."

"...they should be good to me and not judge me..."

"..."

"...believe in me no matter what happens..."

"..."

"They should stand by my side no matter what happens..."

"..."

"They should treat me as an equal and not ask anything in return..."

"..."

"...their affection and love for me should be unconditional..."

"..."

"...just as mine would be for them..."

"..."

"Let me think, what else is there?"

"Wei Wuxian..."

"Oh, and they should be good with children too, I want to have a big happy family."

"Wei Wuxian!"

"I think this about sums it up."

"..."

"What is it, Jiang Cheng? Why are you making this kind of face? You were the one who asked!"

"Wei Wuxian! Where is the compromise you had to make? The man you are talking about is standing right next to you! How shameless can you be? How thick is your face to say all of this in front of him?"

"But Lan Zhan does not mind. Do you, Lan Zhan? He knows already all I love about him. There is nothing to dislike."

"Wei Wuxian!"

"What is it, Little Brother?"

"Ah, never mind, I should not have asked in the first place. Go on, go on, just laugh right into my face you stupid couple."

"...?"

"Why did I think that asking you would help in any way? Pointless. And stop kissing out in the open! Shameless... I should go back to the Lotus Pier and remain single..."