008

At the end of the day, Naoya was able to complete the mission all on his own. You shouldn't be surprised - after all he is a special first grade sorcerer. What awe-inspiring work... so fast and strong! It was so advanced you were having a difficult time understanding what it was he even did.

"Zen'in-san you're incredible!" You couldn't help but gawk as the last curse was exorcised behind him, lifting the curtain around the area.

"Y/n-chan you're too kind," Naoya grinned ever so slightly, cracking his knuckles as he walked your way. "I wasn't even going full speed, it wasn't anything that special."

"It was still incredible!" Your eyes lit up. The power of a grade 1 sorcerer was really amazing! But it also was a bit demoralizing. You wanted to be strong, but how could you ever compete with this? "Zen'in-san, can you please teach me something sometime? I'd be honoured to learn anything from someone so strong like you!"

"Perhaps," Naoya seemed oddly amused at your request, until he decided to transition the conversation elsewhere as you two made your way to the car. "What a shame the mission is over... I enjoyed spending time with you, Y/n."

"I also enjoyed it, Naoya-san!" Your response was simple, but sweet. "Though I didn't do much, I really appreciate this opportunity."

"My pleasure," he opened the car door for you, prompting you to plop down in your seat. The mission was over, curses were exorcised, and you were able to get away from everything without isolating yourself completely. It was distracting enough for you to forget about Senpai... and for the first time after it all you were genuinely happy. This had to be the best-case scenario.

After getting comfortable and doing up your seatbelt, you checked your phone to see a few missed messages.

GOJO SENSEI
Y/n, where are you?

MISSED CALL FROM GOJO SENSEI

Megumi told me you went off with Naoya, is that true?
Y/n, tell me where you are and I'll come pick you up. Stay away from him.

MISSED CALL FROM GOJO SENSEI

Principal Yaga did not give Naoya the clearance to bring you. You need to come back to Jujutsu Tech immediately.
Are you in Shinjuku?
If you don't respond, I'll assume I'm right.
...
I'm on my way.

Good things always come to an end. The mission was done and over with, so there was no real reason for Sensei to come if you'll be on your way back. Why he was so against you hanging out with Naoya? You were having a great time, and learning so much! He should be happy for you.

YOU
It's fine, Sensei.
We just wrapped up the mission. We should be coming back.

As your thumb pressed the send button, you were interrupted by Naoya. He was looking at your messages, but you didn't mind. It's not like you were trying to hide your screen. "We'll be checking into a hotel, since it's an overnight mission. Unfortunately we were only able to book one hotel room... is that an issue?"

One room? That was definitely uncomfortable, but Naoya didn't seem like a bad guy so you shook your head. "That should be fine, Zen'in-san." Nevertheless, it was kind of suspicious. If it was finished, why did you need to stay in a Hotel if you could just head back? But you were in no place to question, so you let it be. He must be exhausted after fighting curses all day so maybe he just needed to rest.

In the midst of silence, Naoya decided to speak up.

"Y/n-chan, what's your experience with men?"