(15)

The next couple of days, went on horribly. I had to spend the whole weekend inside, I wasn't allowed out. Josh's gang is so needy. And creepy. Being the only girl in a house filled with scary gang members is hard. And they won't stop eating! How much pizza can one man consume? And if I see one more pantless girl wander out into the kitchen in the mornings, I might actually scream. 

"Got any orange juice?" A skinny blonde asks, as she walks into the kitchen, closely followed by Caleb.

"In the fridge." I say dryly, going back to my cereal. She bends over, looking for it, giving me a nice view of her leopard print panties, from under Caleb's over sized shirt. I snort in disgust, and Caleb sees. 

"Could be you sweet cheeks." He mutters, sitting down and pouring himself some cereal.

"No thanks." I say.

"Why don't you join us tomorrow night?" The blonde chirps. Before I can interject, Caleb does.

"Jenny, you're not coming over tomorrow night." He says casually. She looks at him, hurt.

"My name is Julie." She whines. "And I thought we had a good time last night." He shrugs.

"You were average." He says. "Pretty sloppy, a little too much tongue." She gasps. He shrugs again, apologetically. "You should really work on that Justine."

"Julie!" She yells. 

"Whatever." He says. "You should probably leave now. You're too whiny for this time in the morning." She huffs, and stands up, heading for the door. "Oh, Jennette?"

"Julie." We both unison. He looks at me amused. "I want my shirt back." She glares at him for a long time. When she sees he isn't budging, she rips her shirt off. I yelp, and cover my eyes. I hear a door slam, but I don't want to be blinded, so I keep my eyes closed. "Gemma?" Caleb says, shaking my shoulders, laughing. "Gemma, she's gone." Slowly, I take my hands away from my face, to find she's gone.

"What, she left the house?" I shout. He nods, still laughing at me. "Naked?" 

"Well, she had her panties on." He says, taking a bite of cereal. "Some girls have no shame."

"You're such a jerk!" I shout. Uh. It's a Monday morning and I'm already tired of today. I ignore him, still laughing at me, and head outside, just in time to jump on the bus. 

"Gemma!" I look up to see Charlie waving at me, from a seat near the back. I walk over to her, and sit down.

"Hey." She says, chewing loudly on her gum. I smile at her, and stare out the window. Charlie goes on chatting about something, and I zone out. Having friends is hard.

"Gemma?" She says, bringing me back into the conversation.

"Huh?" I mutter, not really paying attention.

"You know." She muses grinning. "When a friend has a conversation with you, you usually talk back."

"I'm sorry." I say sighing. "I'm not very good at this."

"What?" She laughs. "Conversations?" 

"No." I giggle. "The friends part. I haven't really experienced many. I don't really know what to do." She laughs at me, and nods.

"Ok." She says. "That's cool. I'll show you what to do." We chat until the end of the ride, and we walk to our lockers, talking about the Taylor Swift concert coming up. I'm trying to think of a way to make Josh let me go. We separate and go about our day. I spend my day avoiding Mark. Because he has decided to be productive with his school time for once. He has invented a game. A game that he plays with all of his friends. Isn't that fun? No. Pretty much, the game outline is this: how many times can you hit Gemma with a cupcake? The football team has bought hundreds of different types of cupcakes, and they've hidden them in the locker rooms. It started this morning in history. I sat down in my seat, and squish. Right in the middle of my butt. These were my good jeans. They have a scoring system too. Twenty points for the butt, fifty points for the face, and ten points for anywhere else. Bonus points if they manage to make me eat it. There is a tally board in the locker room too. I have been chucked into a war zone. A war zone filled with eager football neanderthals, and disgusting sugary sweetness. I have been cupcaked in the butt. In my mouth. I HAVE BEEN CUPCAKED ON MY BREASTS. AND YES, I UNDERSTAND THE IRONY. I have gone through my pair of clothes, and Charlie's spare gym clothes. If I ruin any more, I'm going to have to wear something from the lost and found closet. And I've had a look. The only half decent thing in their, is a sweater with a cat on it, which is playing with a ball of wool. That's the decent clothing. I cautiously walk into the hallway, watching out for any sign of a cupcake. I can see two possible targets. I can either walk past Brian, leaning against the water fountain, or Luke, who's flirting with a couple of girls at their lockers. I opt for Luke, because he looks quite occupied, and he could never really focus on two things at once. I slowly walk ahead on the left, and I quietly pass Luke, and smile. I open my locker, and start organising my stuff. I knew it. Luke can't do anything when there are girls around.