A Leaf In The Wind Pt.1

"And, in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout!" Korra read from the newspaper before lowering it to reveal the excited smile on her face. She sat in the dining room eating breakfast with Tenzin and Elira. Next to them, there were three more tables occupied by other people, all donned in the yellow and red attire typical of the Air Nomad culture. Air Acolytes of both genders were happily eating and drinking together. 

" What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?" The Avatar grinned at the two airbenders 

"Don't bother, Korra. Dad hates everything to do with pro-bending," Elira sighed, picking at her food, looking completely exhausted. Pichi was once again under the table by her feet, happily snoring. 

The airbending teen had been continuing to sneak off the island every night to watch her friends compete and even go out to celebrate their victories at her and Bolin's favourite restaurant, Narook's Seaweed Noodlery. She would end up sneaking back in the early hours of the morning, only to be woken a few hours later by her two youngest siblings jumping on her, yelling that breakfast was ready. 

"Precisely,  that sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending" Tenzin scowled, taking a sip of his drink. 

"Come on, Tenzin! I've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since I was a kid, and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena," Korra pleaded, pointing to where the arena could be seen out the window. 

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island. Both of you" Tenzin declared, sending a pointed look at his daughter as Korra looked disappointed 

"Whatever", Elira sighed

"Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around" Korra pointed to several sentries in White Lotus attire, watching from the sidelines. "To watch my every move?" 

"Yes. In order to learn airbending, I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions," Tenzin explained 

Korra just looked bored before smiling softly. "All right, you're the master."

She turned around and looked out the window behind her with a longing look on her face as she gazed a the golden building across the water. Tenzin went back to his meal before noticing Elira simply playing with her breakfast with a tired expression. 

"Elira, if you're done with your food, don't play with it and go get started on your chores", He scolded 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going" The teenager sighed, getting up from her seat, waking Pichi who chittered and climbed onto her shoulder. 

"And don't forget you're helping me with Korra's training later", Tenzin called out as Elira headed for the door.  The teenager didn't reply as she left, making her father sigh and shake his head. 

*

After breakfast, Tenzin sent his three youngest children to find Elira as he went with Korra to get her some typical Air Nomad attire for training. The three kids raced on air scooters down to the caves where the bison slept, finding their older sister cleaning the pens while Pichi was perched by the entrance on a rock. Thinking she was distracted sweeping some hay on the ground, Ikki and Meelo grinned and each other mischievously.

Sneaking up behind their sister, they went to jump on her when--

"Don't even think about it", Elira warned, not even looking at them. 

"Aw!/Come on!" Her siblings whined as she turned around, putting a smile on her face. 

"No fair! How come you always catch us?"Ikki stomped her foot