Chapter 18 | UA Sports Festival: Part 2

The students trained diligently for the upcoming event, and just like that, two weeks passed by in a flash. It was now time for the sports festival to formally start.

~In The Waiting Rooms~

"Aww, I really wanted to wear my costume." Mina complains.

"To keep everything fair, we can't." Ojiro responded.

"I wonder what the first round will be." Satou questions.

Iida then slams the door open. "Everyone! Are you ready? We will be entering soon!"

Deku takes a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves.

"Midoriya." A voice from behind him suddenly calls. He turns around, being met by Todoroki.

"Todoroki? What is it?"

"...Looking at things objectively, I think I am stronger than you."

"H-huh? Yeah..."

"But... All Might has his eye on you, does he not? I won't try to pry about it, but I'm going to beat you."

"Oh? is the best in class making a declaration of war?" Denki asked.

Kirishima gets up, walking over to Todoroki and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Not now, we're about to start!"

Todoroki shrugs the hand off his shoulder, "We are not here to play at being friends. So what does it matter?" He asked, walking away.

~Back In The Stadium~

The big screen turns on, showing a digital version of Present Mic. "Hey everyone!"

A loud cheer erupts from the crowd. "Pay attention audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo that you all love, the UA Sports Festival, is about to begin! Are~ you~ ready~!?"

A even louder cheer cuts through the audience. "It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage! Please welcome the hero course, 1-A!"

The spotlight changes to the entrance in the stadium, showing the young to-be heroes walk onto the stage. "You all know them, don't you? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with their hearts of steel!"

While the crowds cheered, there was a silent chuckle from where the UA staff members were all seated.

"Midoriya looks nervous, doesn't he?" C.C asked, resting his head in his palm.

"I assume most of the students will be, judging from the size of the crowd." Nightmare responds.

Present Mic's voice comes over the speaker again when the crowds start to calm down. "Now, they haven't been getting as much air time, but this class is also full of talent. Please welcome hero course, Class 1-B!"

Cheers erupt once more. "Following them is general studies, Classes C, D and E! Support courses, Classes F, G and H are here too! Of course, let's not forget about business courses, Classes I, J, and K! All of UA's first years are here now! It's time for the player pledge!"

Midnight walks onto the stage, "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugou from Class 1-A!"

Many different looks were directed towards the blond boy as he walked onto the stage, some being of jealously, others being of concern, and some even being of disbelief. 

Bakugou stops in front of the microphone, standing casually with his hands in his pockets. "I pledge..." He begins, "That I'll be number one." 

One thought went through the minds of Class 1-A at this very moment. 'I knew he'd do that!'