nineteen.

when i woke up i realized that finn and i fell asleep how we were laying yesterday. i placed a soft kiss on his cheek and make my way to the bathroom.

i get done with my morning routine and i grab my lyric book before heading downstairs to finish writing the song i was working on last night when finn had fell asleep, leaving me up by myself.

i flop down on the empty couch, opening to the page i was working on. i didn't realize it was 9:23am, which means nobody will be up until later. i place my headphones in my ear and begin writing.

halfway almost being done, i had already known the melody and background music i was going to use. the lyrics started to flow easily and i was soon done.

" took me less than 3 hours great. " i say to myself, running my hands over my head. " let's see how it sounds. "

i stand up with my book in my hand and my headphones still in.

" i know you hear me when i cry.
i try to hold it in the night.
when your sleeping next to me
but it's your arms that i need this time.
look at the cards that we've been dealt,
if you were anybody else,
probably wouldn't last a day.
every tear's a rain parade from hell
baby you do it so well.
you've been so understanding,
you've been so good.
and i'm putting you through more
than one ever should.
and i'm hating myself
cause you don't want to,
admit that it hurts you.
i know that it breaks your heart
when i cry again,
over him.
i know that it breaks your heart when i cry again,
instead of ghostin him.
we'll get through this,
we'll get past this.
i'm a girl with
a whole lot of baggage- "

next thing i know, gaten sat right in front of me.

" holy shit " i say getting startled. " gaten you scared me. "

" my apologies. " gaten laughs. " i heard you singing from my room and it sounded lovely. "

" thank you gaten. " i say hugging him.

" new song? " he asks as i sit next to him.

" yep. i just finished it. " i reply. " i'll probably release it once we get back to campus. "

" you should. i already love it just from the snippet i heard. " gaten smiles putting his hand on my knee. " your going to get through this, i promise. "

i sigh. " i know bub, i just wished it would hurry up. "

" i know you do. " gaten says softly. " your not gonna be going through this alone though. everyone in this house, you can count on to be there for you. "

" i really appreciate that. it means a lot. " i say. " i just wish i could be there for myself also. "

" wow. " gaten chuckles. " that was deep. "

" shut up. " i giggle, hitting him with a pillow.

" i'm glad to see you've released your other songs. " gaten adds. " what about the song you showed joe and i? "

i smiled at the curly headed boy. " i already finished it, just have to record it now. "

" shit that's awesome. " gaten cheers.