Nerve

We're gonna pretend it's not Valentine's Day 😬

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"No" Scorpius just shook his head. It was unbelievable to think that someone would transform themselves into Scorpius, to get to me and my family. I couldn't know of anyone who would want to hurt us and that's what made it all much harder to figure who "I haven't had contact with anyone for years"

"But this doesn't make any sense" I sighed and walked towards the lounge to sit on the opposite side.

"Anna—"

"I'm fine Draco" I said and leant my head back against the cushion "If it wasn't you. Then I'm completely out of ideas as to who would do such a thing"

"Who'd you piss off this time?" Scorpius smiled. I slowly blinked at him. Seeing him act this was so unusual. None of us were used to him smiling and not threatening me.

"This isn't her fault" Draco stepped in with a defensive tone as if he couldn't take Scorpius' joke and I didn't blame him. Scorpius spent half of his life just torturing me and I couldn't blame Draco if we was a little on edge about all of this.

It was always like this, It's a cycle. Something happens, we recover and think nothing of it. Then it all springs up when we least expect it and fucks with our life's. I couldn't catch a break.

"I'm not saying it's her fault" Scorpius fought back and stood to his feet again "I came in here  with the intention to try and apologise the best I could, instead, I get you trying to tell me that I'm dead. This isn't exactly what I was expecting. I know I've don't some fucked up shit—believe me—and this isn't an excuse for that but I'm just trying to make good"

"You can't blame us for being sceptical. You abused Anna for 4 years until you cheated on her and she finally broke. Then, you proceed to try and fuck up her life some more, even from behind Fucking bars! And now, you've suddenly grown the balls to waltz in here and expect us to forgive you? Where the fuck did you get the nerve?" Draco shouted, taking a threatening step towards him.

"See? This is your problem, dad" my head swiped between Draco and Scorpius and I couldn't help but notice Draco's eyes flicker when he was called that by him "I try. I try so fucking hard and it's never good enough. I will never be good enough for you. I know—I fucking know I have done shit unforgivable but even before that, you were a shitty fucking father who I saw a whole of two days a week when you weren't fucking upset over mum! The least you can do is listen to me when I apologise!"

"You are beyond apologies Scorpius—"

"Fucking enough!" I shouted and stood up. Looking between the two with a furious gaze "This shit is getting us nowhere! Sit the fuck down and take a breath, please" Scorpius gave Draco one last glare before turning around and sitting back down.

Draco spun around and took a few deep breaths before he was able to calm himself and face me again.

"How can you be so calm?" He asked me after a moment of silence.

"I'm not calm" I answered with a sigh "I just handle it a lot better then you two do"

"You believe him?"

"Like you said, I was in a relationship with him for four years. I like to think I know him enough to know that he's trying to apologise—"

"Thank you!" Scorpius throws his hands up in the air.

"But" I shoot him a look "Although I'm willing to listen, that doesn't excuse what you did and I will never fully forgive you"

Scorpius just nodded and looked down into his lap. I could tell he was genuinely apologetic but he had done too much, crossed too many lines for me to completely forgive him and I knew that he understood that. Which, I could be grateful for to a certain extent but really, it was the least.