Chapter 393: Nora Is Big Sister

Joel’s expression suddenly turned extremely awful. He said anxiously, “Tanya, I can explain.”

“Keep that for your daughter instead, Mr. Smith. Our relationship is not at the point where you need to explain anything to me! Goodbye!”

Tanya turned and went back into the school angrily.

Fury and panic arose in Joel as he looked at her from behind.

He turned and got into his car.

“To the company, Mr. Smith?” The chauffeur asked.

Joel was practically gnashing his teeth in fury as he said, “To Hillary’s!”

He took out his cell phone and looked at his own Facebook timeline. However, he didn’t see Hillary’s post. This meant that the post had been hidden from him!

He stretched out his hand to the chauffeur and said, “Give me your cell phone.”

His chauffeur also had Hillary as a friend on Facebook.

He took a look after the chauffeur handed him his phone. Sure enough, he found the post.

Hillary practically couldn’t get any sneakier!

The two arrived at Hillary’s residence. When Hillary heard that Joel was there to look for her, she happily went downstairs. However, the moment she went down, she instead saw a furious Joel.

Hillary asked timidly, “Joel, what’s the matter?”

“Can you explain this Facebook post of yours to me?!”

Joel pushed the chauffeur’s phone right into her face!

Hillary froze when she saw the post.

She bit her lip, forced a smile, and replied, “Isn’t that just an ordinary Facebook post, Joel? What’s wrong?”

Joel demanded furiously, “You followed us to the restaurant?”

Hillary lowered her gaze. “I… I just missed Mia so much, so I followed the two of you. Let me explain, Joel… I didn’t mean anything else with the post. I just didn’t want other people to know that I couldn’t even celebrate my daughter’s birthday with her… They will look down on me if they ever find out…”

Those words of hers couldn’t get any more pretentious.

Even the chauffeur felt that it was understandable why she would do that.

Unfortunately, it was Joel whom she was up against.

Joel didn’t accept her nonsense at all. He stepped forward and grabbed her chin. “So, you want to have cake with your daughter on her birthday?”

Hillary nodded. “Yes.”

“Okay.”

He picked up the container with the cake that Tanya had rejected. He opened it, took the cake out, and smashed it onto Hillary’s face. He said coldly, “Have a good taste of it, then!”

1

Hillary: “!!”

She took a step back and wiped the cake off her face with her hands. She lifted her head and looked at Joel incredulously. “Joel, you—”

She couldn’t bring herself to say the rest of what she wanted to say, though, because the look in Joel’s eyes was simply too terrifying.

The way he looked as if he wanted to kill her made her unable to utter a single word.