Chapter 394: Exposing Her Own Identity

A dumbfounded Quentin stared at her incredulously. He swallowed and said, “N-Nora, don’t… don’t joke around anymore.”

Nora glanced at him. “Get out.”

Quentin got out of the car obediently. He didn’t dare look into the car, even though the car windows were tinted—so one would only be able to look out from the inside, but not the other way.

A minute later, the car door opened and Nora got out wearing the red dress. Then, she put on the mask.

The person in front of him seemed to have suddenly changed.

From his little hillbilly cousin, she turned into the mysterious martial arts expert, Big Sister.

Quentin: “…”

He felt that he must have opened his eyes the wrong way when he woke up in the morning!

How could this be?!

He had been following the woman ever since Joel started having doubts about Nora’s identity. Despite how so much time had already gone by, how come he hadn’t realized that she was actually Big Sister?!

While he was in a daze, Nora asked, “So, you’re my younger brother?”

Quentin: “!!!”

He suddenly thought of how he had bragged and claimed just now that Big Sister had acknowledged him as her younger brother. After all, Big Sister had a mask on all the time, and her daughter was already five. Thus, he had subconsciously assumed that Big Sister must be older than him. Never would he have expected Big Sister to suddenly turn into his little cousin!

How he wished he could dig a hole and bury himself in it!

He tried his best to sift through his memories—he hadn’t said anything else, right?

He suddenly thought of what he had said when he first met her. That time, he had said very proudly, “Heh, even though you’re proof of the shame that Uncle Ian had suffered, you can rest assured that I will still protect you. I won’t let any of the Smiths die an untimely death.”

It was then followed by:

“Can you stop running about all over the place? Without me, the world’s third-best fighter, protecting you, you’ll die before you even know it!”

“Are you also taking part in the martial arts tournament? Do you want to meet Big Sister? I’m on really good terms with her!”

“Do you want to take a photo with Big Sister?”

“…”

Quentin felt like his cheeks had flushed even redder.

He suddenly asked, “There are three different types of death. Do you know what they are?”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “What are they?”

“The first is clinical death, that is to say, the body dies.

“The second is psychological death, where someone loses all hope and doesn’t wish to live anymore.

“The third is social death.”

Quentin looked at her and said, “Nora, you’ve just made me experience the third type of death.”

“…”

Nora laughed and passed by him. “Let’s go in.”

“I don’t want to go in.” Quentin said expressionlessly, “I wanna die.”

Nora didn’t pay any more attention to him. Instead, she started walking toward the arena. Two steps later, she heard footsteps behind her. Quentin’s voice then reached her. “Why are you hiding your identity, Nora? Isn’t the identity of Big Sister really cool?!”