1

11:36 AM, SUNDAY| KALIATH & MINISTRIES |CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

11:36 AM, SUNDAY
| KALIATH & MINISTRIES |
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

"TAKE YA TIME PASTA!" Jayda heard, which caused her to giggle, her mother smiling as she waved the fan against the both of them, seeing as how hot it was in the church

"When Gawd...lawd I'm onto something, this message is for somebody out thea! I don't think y'all hearing me!" Her father, which was the pastor of the church, yelled.

Jayda watched as he stomped over to the left side of the congregation, patting his forehead with the white rag, sweat running down his bald head.

"Y'all hearing me? I said when God-uh, know the right way-uh, then you-uh will prosper! Oh lord, somebody ain't getting it!" Derrick, her father, began to shout and the piano player began to work his fingers, the known shouting music filling the church.

Claps were filled as Jayda and her mother, Jaliya, stood up, clapping their hands and rocking back and forth as an old lady ran around the church, screaming and crying.

"I can feel ya presence lord!" Derrick screamed, "I feeell it-uh! Come through, oh God. Come in, oh lord. We thank yaaa-uh!" Her father bent back a bit, outstretching his arms before he began to step from his left foot to his right, hoping from both as he shook his head to the beat.

a/n: if you've never seen shouting in a black church then idk what to tell you.

Jayda smiled once her mother began to speak in tongues, tears running down her face and her hands outstretched towards the sky, shaking slightly the more she talked.

She knew all about the holy ghost, but she never experienced it before. It was definitely something she wanted to experience. It was a great connection with God, and she liked that.

The shouting went on for a few moments before her father ceased it, everyone catching their breath as they began to sit down back in their seats, the music dying down slowly.

"Everyone stay standing, please. I'm not going to hold you long my brothas and sistas. I know we gotta get to those after church meals, huh?" He joked into the mic.