Chapter 17

Inei's POV. Butterfly Estate.

When Shinobu and I received the news of the Flame Pillar's death in the hands of Upper Rank Three, the two of us immediately boarded a train immediately and go back to the Butterfly Estate.

Inei: ..........

Shinobu: Are you still thinking about Rengoku-san's death?

Inei: Yeah.

Inei: I was even surprised that he fought Upper Rank Three, Akaza.

Inei: ..............

Inei: To be honest, Akaza was the worse match for Kyojurou-san.

Shinobu: Since you fought Upper Rank Three in the past, what was his abilities?

Inei: He's a demon who fights barehanded and he is mostly looking upon strong opponents.

Inei: His Blood Demon Art allows him to perceive his opponent's next move, and can even detect his opponent's fighting spirit.

Shinobu: Fighting spirit?

Inei: Yes. Kyojurou-san, the Flame Hashira, is a man who's fighting spirit burns so brightly.

Inei: I saw that during the time I spent with him when we take missions together.

Inei: I guess I was already a Hashira during that time.

Inei: Anyways, going back on topic with Akaza, he is a demon who can somehow predict his opponent's moves via their fighting spirit.

Inei: He called it as somekind of a needle compass.

Inei: When I fought him, I immediately knew his simple yet straightforward ability.

Inei: And so, I did the best possible counter to Akaza's abilities........

Inei: Eliminating one's fighting spirit, killing intent............

Inei: Become like a plant.

Shinobu: A plant?

Inei: Or in my case.......I call it as merging with the shadows.

Shinobu: Isn't that how you executed the demon we fought last time?

Inei: Yes, when I am using the Tenth Form of my Shadow Breathing, I always enter a state as if I am not human.

Shinobu: Huh?

Inei: It is called as the Selfless State.

Inei: And that state is hard to achieve.

Inei: It means you got to keep your emotions at check.

Inei: That is how I managed to outmatch Akaza.

Inei: By erasing any form of malice, I bypassed Akaza's Blood Demon Art, and through my ability to see transparent things, I managed to dodge Akaza's attacks.

Inei: His attacks are really deadly, one wrong move and that's it, you're dead.

Shinobu: .........