Departure

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

Gobta takes me through the streets to a strange-looking building. The security going in looked pretty tight, but once again, it seems that Gobta is well-known enough to get through without much difficulty. The man guarding the entrance did ask a few questions about who I was and why I was with Gobta, but the mentioning of Rimuru's name and the fact I'm their guest was plenty enough to satisfy him.

Along the walls is an assortment of doors leading to smaller rooms. There is also what looks like a reception desk run by a goblina. Her eyes light up and she sits up in her chair a little straighter when she notices us; Gobta in particular.

"Oh, Sir Gobta! Nice to see you again!" The woman says familiarly. She clearly knows Gobta personally, or at least talks with him fairly regularly based on the casualness in her tone.

"Nice to see you too. I'd like two tickets for teleportation please." Gobta says to her.

"With custom coordinates, right? The usual ones?"

"You know me too well!" Gobta says, smiling widely at her. She blushes and turns her head away slightly.

"How would you like to pay this time?"

"My executive account please."

"More official business?" She asks.

"You've got it!" Gobta replies.

"You're such a busy man, Sir Gobta! Always making trips on behalf of Tempest. You go to Dwargon on business, what, at least twice a month?"

What is Dwargon?

"Yes I am, but make sure to keep this trip off the records; it's a secret mission." Gobta says to her with a wink, causing her to blush a little again.

"My lips are sealed, Sir Gobta." She replies in a hushed voice.

The goblina takes a few moments interacting with some sort of strange device with a screen. It doesn't quite look like a computer, but something similar. For one, it doesn't have any cords attached so it can't be running on electricity. Maybe it's magic-powered? That seems to be the trend around here.

The thing prints two small slips of paper and she hands each of us one. With both of us now having a ticket in hand, the goblina leads us across the room.

She gave me a puzzled look as if she was wondering why I was with Gobta, but she didn't ask anything since Gobta told her that this trip is a secret. I still don't understand where Gobta is taking me, but I at least understand that that was a lie on his part.

The room she brought us to is one of the few with a strange-looking panel to the side of the door, the others having a simple sign. On the panel, there's an assortment of what appears to be buttons with strange symbols on them is embedded in it. Magic runes maybe? I think I saw something similar in that array that I tapped my resurrection bracelet on earlier.