6

wow school and drawing a lot really saps motivation huh. hi it's been a bit

(3757 words)

Laughing, you unlock your office.

Followed by the green-haired man, you lean against your desk and face him, smile still as bright as ever.

"Your students really experimented with those tea flavors, huh?"

He shrugs, resting against the wall beside the door. "They tried their hardest, and a few were good, but..." A shiver trails up his spine at the memory of the taste. "That one was like Theraflu if Theraflu tasted ten times worse. The lemongrass was overpowering but at the same time half-obscured by cinnamon and what tasted like parsley."

"My god." You laugh, causing a fake pout to drag down his lips.

"It was so bad! Don't laugh, it was near torture!" His pout twitches as you raise a brow, finding it hard to keep such an expression with you around.

"Uh huh." You continue, him rolling his eyes.

"I still have the rest of the teabags, do you wanna try? I'm not exaggerating how bad it was, that I swear." He pleads, a smile forming as you laugh again.

"No thank you. Even if you are exaggerating, the way you described it was enough to put me off." You wave off the offer, him humming.

"One day, we'll have that tea together, I swear it." He moves to your side, also leaning against the desk.

"Alright, Alright. Why did you even keep it if it was so bad?" You ask, looking towards him as he runs his hand through his hair, eyes moving elsewhere.

"It was a gift from my students." He answers, slightly embarrassed.

Gently, you nudge his shoulder. "And you said you weren't a very sentimental man."

"Well, I... yeah, I guess I am, but it was only for my students."

Was?

"Yeah, sure. If that's the case, I must be one lucky man." You use the desk behind you to pop your shoulders, groaning. "Considering how you act around me."

He freezes, heart damn near stopping.

"You're so nice to me all the time, I'm definitely glad to have met you." Slowly, as you lean on him a bit, he loosens up.

Did you know?

Did you mean it like...?

He accepts your weight without complaint, one of his arms sliding along the desk behind you. "Well, you're kinder than most. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad to have met you as well."

Your smile is simple. Calm yet sweet as you lean on him just a bit more.

He finds himself observing you once more, how comfortably you half-nestle against his side and banter with him; he can't quite read you like he can others.

Is he missing signals, what did you feel about him?

Is this how you act with your roommate, or is he special in your eyes?

He can't help but wonder.

You can feel the arm behind you, how he seems eager to pull (or at least keep you) close.

At first, you had acted warmly with him, as it was what you were used to doing, but being around him made you feel... something.

In your chest, it warms like a furnace, keeping you comfortable and safe.