Sebastian Butler

I woke up, in my bed again. My head was pounding. I felt like there were mice scampering around my brain in search of food. I couldn't hear myself think, I felt like every time I tried to, there was a sharp, high-pitched scream right in my ear. I could feel my sweat dripping down my face, and the cold towel on my head.

I didn't know what was going on. I felt like a chick still in its egg, waiting to be let out. I was floating between consciousness and sleep, completely unaware of my current actions.

----

(Author's Note: Punching Bag/Hothead/Naska Fellesin POV.)

What is this situation I am in now?

All I did was to see my rival, wanting to see what she looked like when she was weak and powerless (admittedly it was to make myself feel good) so why am I, out of everyone, in this situation?

I knew that my former fiance had a nickname for me. Punching Bag. Could she not think of a more inane name? Seriously. I am the perfect prince, I excel in every subject, I am known across my empire. Yet she dares call me Punching Bag?!

This. This was the reason why I always wanted to beat her. Knock down her high-and-mighty self. But right now... her high-and-mighty self was mumbling things about cookies and ham while hugging my waist like a little girl!

Somehow, this hurts my pride.

"Heyyy~ Punching Baggg~ I wanna punch you~"

I frowned and threw her arms off me and back onto the bed. "Get off me." I hesitated to try to hit her face, since my rival was sick.

But actually, was it a problem if I did?

I mean, that crazy girl might have been sick, but even if her physical body isn't working, her magic should be fine. (A/N: He didn't hear her declaration before.) So, I mean, I can still duel her.

No, I'm not using a handicap against her! I'm simply saying that... the tides would change. Just a little!

I moved my fist upward and pressed it down at breakneck speed. Expecting myself to hit her nose, I instead made contact with a frigidly cold, yet agonizingly hot, solid substance. I flew backwards and hit a wall with a thud before slumping to the floor.

"Heyyy~ haha, that's fun~ so it turns out I can... still use magic?" Her original airhead voice turned back to normal, and her glazed eyes regained her usual shine. She swung her head towards me before looking at her hands. "M-magic... I can use magic... new magic...?"

I could see her shifting, concentrating, before an ominous aura began to seep from her body. I shuddered. I wasn't able to move. I couldn't move. That aura... that aura was so powerful. I succumbed to the pressure pressing down on me and was pinned onto the floor. "The... Darkness... so much better than mine... it's so bright..." Her voice changed and made me shiver. "The Demon King... said I would succumb to it someday... but that's fine... I love this power..." Alice's eyes twinkled and glimmered before turning her eyes from her hands and to me.

"Hmmm... why don't I test it out?"

----

(Author's Note: Alice's POV.)

I have finally awoken. I can... control my body again? My fever... it's gone. What? A fist is coming at me? Oh, whatever. I probably got my magic back too, I can just heal myself later and kill whoever dared to try and punch me.

...A barrier?

What is this? Why can I feel this strange energy coursing through me? Suddenly, a vision flashed through my brain and I clutched my forehead and frowned. "An insignificant knight, battling the, cough, Devil... was felled and made to become the new king... you... just like me... will succumb to the power of darkness..." Right. The last thing I remember was... battling that Demon King.