Lay Me Down Chapter 32

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie’s POV

I sat there on the floor, my head resting against the wall. The toxic poison surged up my arms and through my veins. Everything became amplified and I felt as if I was as light as a feather. All my senses were heightened and every emotion was gone. I could feel my eyelids fluttering as pleasure coursed through my veins and as the poison turned into liquid gold. It left me feeling warm and fuzzy. I felt as if I needed to be in this place forever, in this city of gold.

I had returned from my high and I felt every part of my body connected with the damp cold floor. I sat there for a few moments riding out the aftershocks; the feeling was amazing. After returning back to a normal state I rose from the floor. I walked out of the bathroom and found Trent asleep on the bed. His hit must have caused him to fall asleep so I slid into the bed next to him. I remember all those years ago when he consoled me in the alley after I lost my scholarship. He definitely had me fooled for the fact of what kind of guy he really was. I mean, at times Trent can be really caring, and I guess behind the alley was one of those times but he probably was nice because he wanted me to work for him. He could be really caring and giving when he wanted something from you.

I sighed as I wondered how my life would have gone if I wouldn’t have lost that scholarship. Would me and Carter have lasted all those years or would we have found someone new and gone our separate ways? I guess neither of us would ever know. To be completely honest, I think Carter would have gotten bored. Trent instinctively wrapped his arms around me. He did it as if he really cared. I chuckled sarcastically. Trent didn’t care about anybody but himself, but at this moment I didn’t care. I could trick myself into pretending that he actually cared. I needed someone who cared. I snuggled closer to him and pretty soon I succumbed to sleep.

I walked into the club. It was another night and another round of guys. For some reason this was beginning to get boring. It was raining drastically outside but it went unnoticed inside the club. I strode through the club with Trent next to me.

“Hey, I’ll be right back,” Trent said before walking off. 

I nodded and bobbed my head to the music moving from side to side. I swept my gaze across the club. It wasn’t that big, so it was easy to see everyone who had come. I looked around the club my gaze stopping. How did it happen that I was seeing Carter all the time? I watched him as he took a shot and laughed with his friend who I couldn’t see since his back was facing me. I doubt I knew him anyway. I watched Carter for a moment. He looked the same. I hadn’t really looked at him since we had seen each other. He looked more mature and that was about it. He was still the drop dead gorgeous guy that I had fallen in love with so many years ago. Without even realizing it I began to walk over to the area he occupied by the bar, even though Trent had warned me to not talk to him anymore. Before I knew it, I was standing right in front of him. He looked at me as if I was crazy.

“Can we talk?” I said finally regaining my use of speech. I can’t believe that he still had that effect on me. 

He nodded. “I’ll be back Jay.”

I swiftly turned around. “Jay!” I said hugging him.