9

AN: get ready

Rivers pov

"Where have you guys been?!" Noah asks, him and I are sitting at the kitchen table having a conversation with Mom and Dad. We're supposed to be at school.

"What do you mean? We've been texting you updates and I even left a note on the fridge yesterday." She says in her defense.

"Two texts messages and a note, really Mom?" He says. He's really frustrated but it's understandable. I've just stayed silent.

"We have work guys. We let you do whatever you want when we're gone. How about this, you guys can stay home from school for the rest of the week."

"No Mom, tell us we have to go to school, tell us when we have to be home, tell us when you're getting home."

"You're one weird teenager Noah." Mom says trying to get us to laugh. It doesn't work.

I know where Noah is coming from, he wants boundaries like there used to be. A few years ago Mom and Dad were on top of our shit and all we wanted was for them to let us do whatever we want.  Recently they have been. It's weird.

"I'm the one that's weird? You guys have been practically ghosting us for the last few days."

"No we haven't." She says shaking her head. It's kind of true though.

"Really? Then what have we been up to the last couple of days?"

"School, friends, and Will." She says stating the obvious.

"Mom, you're saying the most basic answers."

"Ok then if I'm wrong, what did you guys do?"

"If you would like to know I was out drinking last night." I don't know why he outted himself like that.

"Well you know you shouldn't be drinking on school nights."

"That's all you're going to say?"

"Yep, you guys are on your second semester of senior year. You're grown up enough to make your own decisions." She said. Usually Noah and I wouldn't oppose to that but that's not like Mom and Dad. "So River I'm assuming you've just been at Wills?"

I was about to speak for the first time but Noah chimed in before I got the chance. "Nope, wrong, River got into a fight with Will and was over at the triplets house."

"Hey!" I said whipping my head over towards him, "How do you know that?"

"I called Jordan last night because you were sleeping."

"Oh." Trader. In her defense she probably didn't
think he would remember.

"Wait who are the triplets?" My Dad asks.

I spoke up, "Just these guys Jordan has been obsessed with the past couple of months."

"What was the fight about?" Mom asks actually sounding interested.

I get a text from Jordan,

hey are you coming to school today?