Chapter 402: Is Mia Really Hillary's Daughter?

Hillary recalled that when she called Tanya today, Joel was also there. Later on, he did not pursue the matter, but now, he was here…

Her heart sank, but her face was still filled with smiles as she walked over. “Joel, you’re here…”

When the Joneses heard the servant’s words, they hurriedly walked down from the study upstairs to welcome him. “Mr. Smith, what brings you here? If there’s anything you need, you can call us to the Smiths.”

Joel was still smiling. His eyes were curved, and when he did not speak, he looked very gentle, like a smiling tiger.

However, Hillary could see the coldness in his eyes.

She swallowed and jolted.

Joel looked at her and slowly said, “I came personally today because I thought that after my engagement with Miss Hillary was broken off, she seemed to have been dishonest.”

As soon as he said this, Hillary’s father was stunned. He looked directly at Hillary. “What? When did you guys break off the engagement?”

Joel lowered his eyes and said indifferently, “Why? Didn’t Miss Hillary tell you?”

Hillary had been chased back this time and stayed for a few days now, but she had not mentioned the engagement at all.

Mr. Jones looked at Hillary. “Hillary, what’s going on?

Madam Jones said, “Mr. Smith, did Hillary do something wrong to make you angry? Tell us, we’ll get her to change. How can you suddenly call off the engagement?”

Joel looked at Madam Jones.

To be precise, she was also Tanya’s mother.

Back then, Tanya’s mother had remarried and given birth to Hillary.

Hillary was a year younger than Tanya, but their identities were completely different.

One was a burden who had been brought along into her marriage with a wealthy family, and the other was a daughter of a wealthy family. Hillary had looked down on Tanya since she was young.

As for Tanya, she had a stubborn personality. After being slandered by Hillary a few times, Madam Jones had determined that Tanya’s personality was naughty and mischievous, like that of her father, who had disappeared. Therefore, she would hit and scold her!

Joel’s attitude toward Madam Jones was distant and cold. He did not bother being polite with her. “Madam Jones, you can discipline her further for her mistakes. Now, we’re talking about breaking off the engagement.”

He took out the agreement he had signed with Hillary back then. “In the agreement back then, we said that when Mia turns five, the engagement would be automatically broken off. Now, it’s time.”

The Jones parents were stunned. They looked at Hillary in disbelief. “Hillary, you…”

Hillary bit her lip and cried. “Joel, I was wrong. I really know I was wrong. I didn’t go looking for Tanya on purpose. I was just indignant. You chased me out of the Smiths because she suddenly returned, right?”

Tanya?

Madam Jones instantly became even more furious. “What do you mean? Did Tanya cross into your family again? Joel, you can’t treat Hillary like this. Tanya was born to be a bad hooligan!”

As soon as she said this, Joel suddenly reached out and smashed the teacup on the table to the ground!

Smash!