Chapter { 31 } : Dance

Mirabella :

The school day ended so fast and now we're on our way home.

It wasn't bad after all, Ava and Noah clicked with the others rather faster than me, and I didn't fail to notice the looks Rafael was giving Ava.

We agreed to hang out tomorrow after school at a nearby cafe.

I like that we all have the same friend group.

We arrived at our mansion, and the instant we came in, papà pulled me towards the living room.

I thought he was at work.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be working?", I asked after noticing that Luca and Gianni are with him too.

"Yeah..well we took the day off.... and waited for you", said Luca, more like whispered.

"Aww", I awed at them and pouted.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up.... tell me, how was your day, did you make me friends, did anyone cause trouble?", asked papà in one breath.

"Woah, calm down old man", I said and he gave me a glare.

"Yeah, she made friends, a boy and a girl, and they even work for us, so it's all good", said leo while digging in a bowl of popcorn.

Where the hell did he get that.

"Oh really?", asked Gianni.

I nodded.

"And she also threatened a girl that tripped her, and made everyone laugh at her", remarked enzo.

Papà raised an eyebrow while I stared at my lap.

He surprised me by kissing my head, I looked up and saw him smiling at me.

"Did your brothers defend you?", he asked.

I nodded immediately.

He nudged my nose making me scrunch it and giggle.

"That.... is what familly does... they stand up for eachother", he said softly.

He got up and before he leaves, he turned around and spoke.

"Also.. don't threaten people please, bambina", and left.

I smiled knowing I have him wrapped around my finger, and made my way towards my room.

I changed into some shorts and a hoodie, I'm sure it's Leo's.

I studied for a bit while eating, and couldn't stop thinking about Seb.

Can he possibly like me, I mean he practically says that everyday, just not exactly, right?

But at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up, and then get disappointed when he tells me he was just being a gentleman.

I sighed and made my way towards the music room, I heard music play from inside, i knew it wasn't Mattio, because he was playing ball with enzo outside.

I peeked through the opened gap, and saw papà dancing on his own to a song.

I didn't know if I should get in or not.

Deciding I should probably see what's up, i walked in.

He got startled but smiled warmly at me.

He looked on the verge of crying, he stretched his hand out for me to hold.

I held his hand, and put my other one on his shoulder, with his other hand on my back.

We started dancing to a song I heard before, it was called "if you love her".

(The song above)

We danced for awhile, and I waited for him to talk.

"You're mamà used to love this song", I instantly understood.

"She would listen to it everyday when you and Mattio were born, and when I would ask her, she would say..... I'm getting ready for Viola's wedding, I'm going to sing this to her future husband", he continued.

"This song describes a girl, and how her significant other should treat her, and I would tell her I will never let you get married, and she would say... everyone is bound to leave in the end, even your little princess", he said.

I could tell this was really hard on him to say.

"So everytime I see how much I missed of your childhood, I come and listen to this song, and even dance to it",

Now I love this song.

Mamà was going to sing it to me.

"I wish I met her", I found myslef whispering.

"She would so proud of you dolcezza.... just like I am", he said softly.

We danced to this song more, and parted after that.

We had dinner, and now I was sitting in the spot in the library.

I was thinking of how much my life has changed in the past few months, it's totally different now.

I have a familly that loves me, friends I wished for.

And not forgetting an awfully handsome dude that takes care of me.

Heck, I don't even know what to call us.

What are we.

I can't deny that I want him.

In a way I can't describe.

I have never felt like this before, never felt the need to be this close to someone.

To experience new things with them and to never let go.

Now I have people by my side, people that are ready to fight for me.

People who love me.

I have a family.

A home.

And it feels good, like nothing I have felt before.

I just hope everything will remain this way.

____________♡____________

This is a shorter chapter than usual.

Thank youu.

And love youus♡.