22: Planning

Korra and Suyin were in the courtyard, surrounded by darkness.

Suyin had just told Korra about how Kuvira turned against her and with the help of her own son, plotted against her.

" And... how did Kitiara end up being Kuvira's commander ? " Korra asked.

Su sighed. " After your argument with her, she went to the Kyoshi Island. Kuvira wanted someone she could trust for such an important position, so she called for Kitiara's help and my dear niece accepted. "

The avatar crossed her hands in front of her chest. " I see... Then, if she is with Kuvira, a friend of hers and Baatar, her cousin, Bolin, our mutual friend, Varrick and Zhu-Li, also friends, how is she suffering from mental issues ? "

The Beifong shook her head. " Don't you understand, Korra ? She's leading an army of nearly 50.000 people. She's responsible for their lives. My family and I are cold toward both Baatar and her and she had a heated argument with Lin. I think that many things accumulated together and she's on the verge of her breaking point. "

The water bender closed her eyes. " Sooooo... What can we do to improve her mental state ? "

" I think that you need to speak with her. Tell her that you are sorry and you want to start things over. We will see what our next move will be. Our cause is to show her that Kuvira's actions are wrong, to bring her back to our side. Afterward, we will make sure that she'll be speaking with a psychologist and give her all of our support. " The mental bender replied.

Korra nodded, examining Suyin's plan. " Sounds like a plan to me. "

***

Kitiara was sitting at her desk, organizing the smallest, tiniest, most irrelevant and probably useless details.

Footsteps reached her ears, resulting in her raised eyebrow. She was clear when she said that she would need silence and no distractions.

Rolling her eyes, the woman tried to reconcentrate on the plan of the attack.

However, before achieving that, Bolin walked into the tent.

Her fury for the mysterious person who was to interrupt her faded away like fire without oxygen.

" Bolin, how can I help you ? " She inquired politely with a big grin.

The man swallowed hard; uneasiness and frustration were prominent on his face.

Noticing all of these, the commander pointed at the chair across her desk. " Please, take a seat. "

He sat and folded his hands on top of his lap. " Listen, I- Do you promise me that whatever I am going to tell you will stay between us ? Like I promised not to tell anyone about your concerns ? " He questioned, reminding her of the earlier events.

Kitiara put her pen down, staring at him. It was totally fair. He promised and now she should promise too. It was the only thing she could do to repay him. " Okay. I will speak to no one about this. I swear. "

The earth bender let out a sigh of relief. " Thank you. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for saving me from Kuvira before. She could have killed me. You saw it clearly. "

" I did, indeed. " She acknowledged. He couldn't make her promise not to reveal anything from this conversation just for this, could he ?

Well, of course, he could. It's Bolin.

" It's true. My feelings for Opal are stronger than any kind of loyalty to any kingdom, nation, empire, city and community. " He confessed.

The air bender couldn't help it but admire his seriousness. He had finally become a man. Not just a lovesick teenager away from his girlfriend.