7-seven

You slowly walk to the two sisters who just had a sisterly bonding, Luisa having opened up to her struggles with the pressure of her gift.

"Uh, Mira... Should I tell him about the magic too?" Luisa asks Mirabel, looking at her with glances making sure she got her answer.

Mirabel gives her a nod, leading to Luisa returning another nod of her own.

Luisa tightly grabs your shoulders, you feel your muscles tense up as the woman's hands were squezzing them like a vice grip.

"This is the first time i'll be telling the both of you this." Luisa looks at both of you.

"Last night, when you and Mira said the magic was fading..." Luisa lowers her head, you hear her let out a slight scoff.

"I felt... weak." She looks at both of you qith a teary look, worried about the decrease in her strength.

"Wait... What?" You were also shocked upon finding out about her powers slowly fading.

You had remembered that Dolores' hearing got slightly worse last night, could those two errors be connected somehow?  Did the others' gifts falter too?

A shout came from the outskirts of the houses, "Luisa! The donkeys!" A high but manly voice came from the reddish house.

You had looked at the man, after hearing his exclaim.

"Tío Kristan?" You call at the familiar face.

Tio Kristan was your tio from your dad's side of the family. He and your papa had moved out from their original home, to raise their own families in their own homes.

You didn't know that he was visiting you and your family all of a sudden.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Nice to see you again! Can you help Luisa with the donkeys? Your papa asked me to look after them, but I got distracted by Julieta's arepa stand." Tio Kristan rubs his head embarassingly.

"Jeez, were you even hurt?"

"No, but i was hungry. That's worse."

Both of you look at each other, in a way, feeling either first-hand or second-hand embarrassment.

"I'll help Luisa with the donkeys, you go back to the Casa." You reassure your tio, as you lift one donkey from its abdomen.

Tío Kristan nods and waves you goodbye, as you copy his actions, showing them with respect.

After the man had gone out of the scene, Mirabel throws flurries of questions at her sister.

Mirabel recalls on the sentence Luisa had told her earlier, that she felt weak.

"Wait, wait, wait." Mirabel, just like you and Luisa, were still honestly just trying to understand that the gifts started to fade strangely last night.

"What do you mean? What do you think is hurting the magic?" Mirabel adds as she throws herself infront of her sister.

"Don't know, but i heard the grown-ups once." Luisa turns to face both of you, as she wanted both of you to listen.

"Before Tío Bruno left, he had, like, some terrible vision about it." Luisa rearranges the donkeys on her shoulders to fit cleaner and easier on them.

"Tio Bruno? What was in his vision?" Mirabel fixes the glasses on her eyes, as she grew even more interested at what she expected Luisa had to say.

You already had an idea about the vision, Dolores had told, no, screamed it at you already, yesterday. You chose to keep quiet as you didn't want to alert anyone else about it, because you, and even Dolores weren't fully sure that she heard the vision right.