CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The weeks went by quickly since our last appointment with Dr. Stone. The twins will be out any day now. The thought of them finally being here consumes me every single day. I've been getting practice contractions lately and they hurt more than anything I have experienced. I Know that the actual birth is going to be hell for me. Braxton hicks contractions hurt more than I thought they would.

They come at the most random moments too, but I am trying my best to stay strong. As per Doctor Stone's request I have been moving around to keep my blood flow regular. I have also been keeping my legs elevated at all times when I sit upright.

Lex told me that he'd be home late tonight so I have spent the night watching true crime documentaries, specifically Fatal Attraction. I'm not taking tips on how to kill my dear husband but I am fascinated by the types of things that push people to kill their lovers.

After another episode ends, I grab my phone and see that It's almost ten in the evening. I send Lex a text.

Me: Sweetie, are you done at the office?

He replies within seconds, 

My Beloved: Just got done a few minutes ago. About to drive back home.

Me: I'm waiting for you...drive safely, xo

My phone pings again with another text from him.

My beloved: can't wait to see you. I love you.

My plan to wait for him fails the moment my head falls back into my pillow. I try to focus on the screen and listen to the forensic analysis of the next case but my eyes feel heavy and I quickly fall asleep.

ALEXANDER POV:

For someone who said that they would wait for me, Rose sure is fast asleep. A smile tugs at my lips as I watch her sleeping form. The television playing some crime show that she fell asleep to.

I decide to take shower before crawling into bed with her. I quickly strip off my clothes and step into he shower, the hot water relaxing all the knots in my muscles. It feels like heaven and I let out a pleased sigh. I have been feeling a little anxious these past few days, Rose is due to give birth at any moment. I am trying to stay calm and not worry her over the fact that I'm worrying about her.

Once pleased with my level of cleanliness, I step out of the shower wrapping a towel around my waist while I use another one to dry my hair and the top half of my body. When I step back into the bedroom Rose is awake browsing through Netflix.

"Hey." She says softly. Her voice melts all my worries away.

I walk over to her and kiss her forehead, "My love."

I quickly go into our walk-in and put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Did you eat?" she asks the moment I return to the bedroom.

Bless her heart, I nod, "Yes, Archie and I had dinner at the office."

This pleases her, "That's good. But, could you please help me up."

I walk over to her side and hold her hands while gently pulling her up from the bed, "Where are you going?" She has one of my shirts, apparently they are the comfiest to sleep in since they are baggy on her and don't cling onto her belly.

"We're going to the kitchen cause I am craving something sweet."

I don't argue and help her slip on her fuzzy slippers. We slowly make our way out of the bedroom and walk down the corridor. A few steps away from the railing, she stops walking and looks up at me as a gasp escapes her lips.