Chapter 17

"are you trying to kill me or save me?" 

Just as Aurum's body burst through the door, the ones behind him could hear the whiny tone in the voice. 

Aurum did not know whether he wanted to laugh or cry seeing Roxanne hooked into an IV but still grunting at the doctor bandaging her seemingly sprained left wrist. 

"If you don't shut up, both." The doctor was very blatantly tired showing that he had been suffering from Roxanne's sharp tongue for a long enough time. 

"murderer" Roxanne whisper yelled and smirking in satisfaction seeing a vein almost popping on the doctor's forehead. 

"Roxanne..." Loman choked a little seeing the dead eyes of the doctor brighten up at another presence 

'god, the poor man needs therapy now.' 

"oh I'm fine I swear, they've held a patient against their will-ouch" Roxanne frowned at the doctor who had poked at the bandaged hand and then smiled as if to prove a point. 

"point noted. Thank you doctor" Cain stepped forward and then followed him out of the room to discuss the precautions. 

"It's good that she was in that car, any other vehicle would have been thrashed and the passenger would have died. I'm not sure if the accident was an accident in the middle of the city, please be careful..." Cain could only nod as the doctor pat his shoulder and left. 

'what the fuck' 

Back in the room, Roxanne was trying to assure Aurum that she was completely unharmed except for the wrist she used to get out of the car, that was her own stupidity. The car protected her fully. 

"what's the needle for then?" Loman rolled his eyes snorting

"now, that is because I hadn't eaten anything since morning and was about to go unconscious" Roxanne waved her hand as if the piece of information was nothing or daily thing, in this case the latter was to be true. 

"God, Roxanne. You fucking moron you scared me to literal death" Loman finally lunged into Roxanne who barely managed to avoid hurting her wrist even more. Her eyes softened and she moved up the IV hand to stroke his back comfortingly. 

"hey, i'm fine. You're not getting rid of me anytime soon." 

"i don't want to get rid of you, ever" Loman's voice was muffled against her shoulder but she heard it.

"anyways, what's the time" she asked looking at Aurum who had misty eyes making him finally snap back and mutter a '5:30pm' 

"oh shit, move up fucker and get me my phone" Roxanne turned her pats into urgent smacking making the annoyed boy do as she said. 

"what the hell man" 

"I have a meeting in 5." she said snatching the phone from Loman's hands ignoring his exasperated look. 

"shoo" she accompanied with a shooing motion while the father-son pair rolled their eyes but complied sitting on the sofa in the corner. 

Cain was not feeling so relaxed as he initially was seeing Roxanne safe. 

He hurriedly dialed a number 

"Rosa, get Olez and gather all the information about Roxanne's accident" 

"Roxanne had an accident?!" A deep voice instead of the hoarse one he was expecting spoke up from the other side. 

"oh good, Phint, get the two and the job done, we'll talk later." 

Cain hung up ignoring the scoff on from Phint and surged back into the room. Loman quickly made a shushing motion.

"-yes, and so more than I need this, your firm requires it more. You will increase your profits for say about....65% as our exclusive supplier of copper. As you know, we could have sought out other firms but we like the quality of wires supplied by Copper Inc." Cain could hear Roxanne's business tone. 

"But, miss Black I don't understand why you want me to be exclusive, I could have a higher increase in profit otherwise too." the man's tone was slightly distressed and Cain instantly knew Roxanne had this in the bag. 

"You see Mr. C, Stygian group's electronics sector is not restricted to traditional wires, we have invented and used the world's thinnest wires in our products to ensure the most realistic of AIs and most innovative forms of presentation or communication if you will. The wire will be produced in your factory now, i'm afraid I would not be a businesswoman if I allow the leakage of trade secrets right?" Roxanne's smile was far from friendly, intimidating even. 

"...yes, however, why not buy my business as a whole?" 

"I simply wanted to respect your choices." Cain sweatdropped at the honey-coated word, he knew she would simply do that if the dealer annoyed her or she was not in the mood for bargains. 

"Thank you, Miss Roxanne. When will I be receiving the legal paperwork?"

"ah that should anytime tomorrow Mr. C. Happy co operation" 

"Happy co operation."

 "you sorted that in fifteen minutes flat" Loman groaned switching off the timer 

"aw man I wanted it to be ten" Roxanne frowned back

"...spare this old man some shame"