Chapter 54

Author's POV

"Thank you, Lia-ssi, for the meal. My friend and I enjoyed it so much." Namjoon stated with a bright smile on his face.

"I'm so happy you both enjoyed the meal. Please do visit when you have time again." Lia replied while the two nodded. "Oh, and Seoyeon-ssi," She called as she looks at her.

"Yes?" Seoyeon hummed.

"I'm really glad to know you liked the meal. I heard from Namjoon that you are a very great cook, so I was quite under pressure." She then said bashfully, "And I would like to mention how graceful and beautiful you are. No wonder Namjoon is so into you."

Seoyeon was too stunned but she was able to smile, "Thank you, Lia-ssi." She uttered softly.

"Lia, she's not into girls." Namjoon chuckled upon seeing how she stares in awe at Seoyeon, leaving Seoyeon puzzled.

"You don't have to slap me with it, okay?" Lia rolled her eyes playfully. "I know she's your special someone." She smirked knowingly.

"You'll find your special someone soon." Namjoon assured, then Seoyeon realized what he was talking about. "Anyway, we need to go. My beautiful secretary told me that I still have to attend a meeting in a few hours." He smiled to Seoyeon, who has a slight tint of red on her cheeks.

"Alright, have a safe trip!" Lia bowed to them while the two bid her farewell.

After that, the two headed to Namjoon's car. Since they're heading back to the company, Seoyeon insisted to drive the car. They are now on their way to the company building. Seeing her drive the car is very attractive for Namjoon, especially with the way she steered the steering wheel with just one hand.

"You sure you don't want a car?" He suddenly asked, making Seoyeon glance at him.

"What do you mean?" She questioned amusingly.

"I want to buy you one. You know, so that you don't have to use public transportations on any places you go, plus it is much safer. I was actually choosing between Porsche and Mercedes-Benz, but it's upto you." He said as he shrugs.

"You don't need to buy me a car, Namjoon. I'm fine taking the bus or taxi." She kindly assured, "I don't like it when you spend so much money on me."

"But, why? I mean, it's my money anyway and you deserve it." He asked curiously.

"I don't want anyone to misunderstand anything. Besides, I don't want to come to an extent that you have to rebuke me with the things you bought for me, especially if we were to have an argument." She explained and Namjoon looked at her sympathetically.

"Then atleast let me offer you a service car instead." He said but she shook her head.

"You'll still spend money for the car, Namjoon. It's more expensive compare to the first offer you gave me." She chuckled, but he shook his head.

"I was pertaining to myself, Seoyeon. Let me be your service car each morning and back home from the company, hm?" He smiled and the exact time, the car stopped at the red light so Seoyeon looked at him.

"You're still courting me, yet you are already allowing me to experience girlfriend privileges. That's too much, don't you think?" She smiled fondly at him, he frowned like a child.

"I mean, I just want you to see what it will be like. Why not show you what you'll expect from me if I were your boyfriend?"

"I don't want to get used to it yet. I might end up becoming dependent and an expectant." She sighed and continues to drive when the light turned green.