41. Monte Carlo.

*VROOM*

A car with flaming tires drove past the city sign.

[The City of Forks Welcomes You!]

The city sign slowly started melting away until only a steel pipe was left.

The car only left a blazing trail behind, but as soon as the flames appeared, they also disappeared.

There were few signs of the road being on fire, a few ashes, and a burnt mark of a tire.

Inside the car.

Jack shifted the gear, which caused the gearshift to turn into flames, and the flames traveled all the way to the engine, which caused the engine to turn into flames as well!

Alice had the window open while a wind made her beautiful pixie hair gently flutter in the air. She had a gigantic smile on her beautiful face while feeling a rush of adrenaline because of the speed.

She could never run this fast, and she had a hunch that Jack could drive even faster.

The flames made the interior of the car slightly warmer, but the wind coming from the windows cooled down the car nicely.

A small golden flame flickered on Jack's eyes as he accelerated the car even more!

The speedometer was already on the max, but the car was reaching speeds, which is impossible for any human vehicle to achieve!

''Wohooo!'' Alice cheered loudly as she felt a blast of wind tickling her face. She tried to look straight, but the only thing she saw blurry images of trees.

''Should we go to Monte Carlo?'' Jack asked with a grinning face.

Alice turned her head towards Jack and shouted with a massive smile on her face, ''Yes!''

Jack grinned and pressed the gas pedal even harder.

*BOOM*

A sound of sonic boom echoed as the car which carried Jack and Alice disappeared from sight.

...

In the Cullens Residence.

Esme was looking at the cooking book in front of her, which showed an image of a cake.

Carlisle took a bowl from the cabinet and put it on the kitchen desk. He looked at the selection of flours in front of him, but then a clear ringing sound came from a phone.

Esme took her phone from her pocket and raised an eyebrow as the call came from the school.

Carlisle perked up his ears as Esme answered the call.

''Yes?'' Esme answered gently; she instantly heard an enraged shout of one of the teachers.

She listened with a wry smile as the teacher shouted with a voice full of rage.

Carlisle smiled and put the bowl back on the cabinet.

''Yes.'' Esme said after the teacher took a deep breath after shouting for a few minutes straight, ''We will have a talk with our daughter and Jack.''

Mr. Mason shouted for another minute about Jack being a bad influence.

Finally, after a few minutes, Mr. Mason had to leave for the hospital because the principal forced him to.

He passed out suddenly, and after he woke up again, he murmured something about a flaming car. The principal forced him to go get his head checked.

He might have brain damage or something.

Esme put the phone gently back into her pocket.

She smiled and closed the book, ''I guess we don't need the cake anymore.''

Carlisle smiled, ''Let them have their fun, but we still need to remind them about the importance of human school.''

Esme nodded, ''Jack is smart, but he needs to learn to mingle with humans because he has many school years ahead...''

Carlisle chuckled and pulled Esme into his embrace, ''What do you think will Jack's reaction be when he finds out that now that he is Quasi-Immortal, and maybe proper Immortal in the future, but he needs to go to school for hundreds of times.''

Esme chuckled and put her slender arms around Carlisle's head, ''I bet he will pass out.''

''I pity the teachers.'' Carlisle sighed, ''They have to deal with him.''

''He isn't that bad.'' Esme giggled, ''He is still young, and it is a good thing, especially for Alice. She never had time to enjoy her youth, but now she is like an ordinary young woman.''

...

Monte Carlo.

A day later.

Four figures were sitting around a small table, while a man with a handsome suit was standing at the end of the table.

Three of the figures are middle-aged men with expensive-looking suits and serious looks on their faces.

The fourth figure was a handsome black-haired young man with black sunglasses covering his eyes.

Behind the handsome young man was a beautiful young woman with a pixie haircut and petite body. She was wearing a beautiful black dress, which made her pale and smooth skin perfectly visible.

They were in the middle of a large building with dozens of different tables and thousands of people.

Other tables weren't occupied because there was a massive crowd gathered around that one table!

The building was quite dimly lit, with not much sunlight entering.

Everyone's attention was focused on that single table.

The man with a handsome suit showed the fourth card on the table, and only one card was left to be turned.

The black-haired young man had a pile of chips in front of them, and everyone looked at the expressions of others.

Everyone's attention was focused on the black-haired young man; it was his decision will he go all in, check or call.

The beautiful pixie's mouth moved as she whispered, ''All-in...''

No one heard her except the black-haired young man.

He grinned and said, ''All-in!''

He pushed all the chips to the center of the table while the other figures looked solemn. The black-haired young man looked way too confident in winning!

They gritted their teeth and did the same.

''''''All-in.'''''' Three voices rang as they pushed chips all the way to the center of the table.

The man with a handsome suit turned around the final card, and everyone's attention instantly gathered on that card.

The final card was a 7 of heart!

Few of the figures in the table had sunken expressions.

Everyone turned their cards, and only the black-haired young man was left to turn his cards.

He slowly turned the cards around, and everyone gasped at his cards.

The black-haired young man had 10 and 9 of hearts!

''Straight Flush!'' The black-haired young man grinned and watched as the middle-aged men's faces turned into resignation.

The black-haired young man stood up and hugged the petite figure of the young woman.

''Jacky, you did it!'' Alice screamed with happiness while Jack rolled his eyes at her perfect acting.

'You are the one who used her future seeing abilities.' Jack wryly smiled and kissed her soft and kissable lips.

*Cough*

The man with a handsome suit coughed and said, ''Will you cash out?''

''Yes,'' Jack said, while Alice innocently smiled.

They are currently in the world-famous casino of Monte Carlo, and it only took them one day to become millionaires.