Chapter 20 - road trip

Eliana Pov

We landed. After 8 long awkward hours. Because Miles wouldn't admit that he was acting weird, when he was.

The way he acted...

I mean I didn't mind it but it was so sudden. It was really sudden.

We got into a Uber and quickly went back to my apartment because I needed to pack in new things and I was in desperate need of a shower.

While Miles waited on the couch a took a quick shower and then packed in new clean clothes, basically all the essentials.

When I was done I walked to the kitchen and made some tea, and called Clara.

"Hey."

"Hey we'll be that in like 4 hours. Send me the location."

"Roman already sent Miles the location so you're all good." I could practically hear Clara smiling through the phone.

We said our 'goodbyes' and I finished my tea and sat next to Miles on the couch.

"Why in 4hrs?" he questioned giving me a side eye.

"I thought maybe you'd want to relax for a bit."

"No thanks Franklin. I just spent 8 hours with you on a flight, I cant stand to be around you, lets just leave now."  He got up in a rush and walked to the bathroom.

What?

That hurt.

Whatever its Miles...who cares?

me. I care.

"Okay then." I huffed and got up grabbing my cuppa. I poured the rest of the tea out into the sink. I walked over to the bathroom so I could use it before this 2 hour road trip with the arse who is in my house. I knocked on the door, so that he would know that I needed it.

"Can you hurr-"

"All yours." Miles said dryly walking past me.

I nodded slightly and quickly used it. We gathered all our things and walked down to the car. I got into the passenger seat while Miles put our things in the boot.

"Ready?" he asked starting the car.

"Ye."

We drove in silence for about, maybe 30 minutes before I told Miles to stop at a fast food place because I was hungry.

"No. Its been like 5 minutes."

"Not true. It's been like 30!" I was starting to get aggravated, "Miles, pleaseee. I'll pay for the food I swear."

"Fine. Only if you stop pestering me."

"I haven't even spoken to you whole trip?"

"Whatever you say Eliana."

He drove up to McDonald's because it truly seemed like the easiest choice.

I did my order so did Miles and he pulled up to the second window, I took out my card but before I could pay I saw Miles giving his card to the lady.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." she smiled. I thanked her and we got our food. "I was supposed to pay."

"You were?"

"Miles."

"What?"

"You literally aren't funny dude." I rolled my eyes at him and looked out of the window.

"Eliana...Im sorry for saying that stuff. I didn't mean it."

"Wh-"

"Don't ask why I said it because I really don't know why I said it." he put a chip into his mouth and I didn't answer. Because I didn't feel the need to. I didn't know what to say.