Chapter 41

Sarah P.O.V

Today was the day when everything was going to be over. The suffering, the feeling of discomfort will be no longer there.

Today the project for which I have been working for months is finally coming to an end. After the opening of The Resort today, I would be finally free from this marriage with Adrian, and I can finally proceed with the divorce.

I still don't know what will I be going to do in the future but as for now, my baby is my topmost priority.

I am glad knowing that all the pain and misery will finally be over.

Pushing my thoughts away, I glanced at the clock. It was almost 6 in the evening, I quickly finished my pending work in the office and packed my things up as I headed back home. On my way home I received a call from Adrian informing me that he was off to receive some important diplomats from Japan, and he would directly meet me at The Resort.

Thank god !! I don't have to walk with Adrian to the opening event.

However, in the past few days, my relationship with Adrian was more civilized.

I know Adrian was putting a lot of effort to compensate for the things he did to me. Yet my brain doesn't want me to trust Adrian.

As I reached my place, I strolled out of the car and walked inside my house. I quickly grabbed something from the kitchen to eat before I headed to get ready for the event. I quickly finished eating my mini-meal and headed straight to my room to get ready.

By the time I had a quick shower, it was almost 7; 05 p.m. The event was supposed to start around 7;30 but knowing Adrian and Ester were already there, attending to the guests I had time to get ready.

I examined the three dresses laid in front of me, trying to figure out which one was most likely to be worn for the event today. I picked up the dresses one by one held them in front of my chest and looked in the mirror. It took a few seconds when I decided to wear the white mermaid gown for tonight.

I walked in front of the vanity and sat in front of the mirror, I quickly did my makeup. I kept my base simple and natural, and I decided to go for a foxy eye look for my eye makeup. I put tight eyeliner on my eyes with sharp edges and thinly winged eyeliner giving a sultry look to my eyes.

Once the makeup was done I stepped into the dress. The dress had black flower-like embroidery on the sparkle Tulle fabric. The lace mermaid gown hugged my body perfectly, the low cut-back gave a glimpse of my bareback. To complete the look I wore a diamond choker and stud earrings.

Unable to decide on the hairstyle because of running time I chose to slice back long hair into a side updo bun, I left out a few hair strands falling in the front frame of my face beautifully

Overall the dress looked sophisticated and alluring, making it perfect for tonight's event. Realizing it was almost a quarter to 8, I hastily wore the heels, I arranged the thin cap sleeves on my shoulders one last time and made my way out to get to The Resort.