Baby Steps

"What was that back there? You shouldn't push yourself too hard." Jungkook was almost scolding me. It was cute to me that he was worried. "I just kept thinking about how Kye treated me and channeled my anger." Jungkook shakes his head slowly. "Take it easier next time." I nod, agreeing to do so.

Jungkook's hand hovers over my back as he guides me out of the gym. "Let's get you home so you can rest." I nod and we walk out of the gym and climb inside the company car. Jungkook tells the driver to take us to my address and soon we are on our way back.

The car ride is quiet. I'm pretty tired honestly. I wore myself out with pushing my limits. When you're not used to that kind of exercise it can easily wear you thin. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. The car was so quiet and rode so smooth. My head kept drooping and before I knew it, I fell fast asleep.

{Jungkook's POV}

Deep in thought as I looked outside the car window. I wasn't happy with how hard she pushed herself. I get that she's angry, but I feel like she almost blacked out. The lack of life in her eyes scared me. She needed a nice long nap once we return.

I feel something heavy lay on top of my shoulder, and I look over. She seemed to have fallen asleep and was resting her head on me. I dare not move. This was the longest she had ever touched me, and it made my heart beat wildly.

I called her name quietly and she didn't even stir. She must be truly tired. I lean forward and sneak a peek at her sleeping face. She looks so peaceful and beautiful. I press a kiss gently to the top of her head, too soft for her to even feel it.

Denying my feelings was hard lately. I didn't know what this was. She said we were just friends and she acted as such. She never made an advance towards me at all, so I didn't know where I stood. Confessing seemed too scary. I wish I could read her mind. If only I knew how she felt about me. She constantly called me gorgeous, but she called the other members that as well.

Before I know it, we've arrived back at her house, she still hasn't woken up yet. "Give me a minute," I inform the driver. Slowly I get out of the car and her head falls to the side, she's knocked out. I bend over and reach inside the car; I pick her up gently in my arms and carry her to her house. She's so light and tiny in my arms.

Her head rolls to the side and leans up against my chest and just then her eyes shoot open. Damn. She seemed startled, almost jerking out of my arms. "Hey! Calm down or I'll drop you." I try to warn her, and she stops squirming. She looks around and realizes where we are. "We're already back at my house?" She asks softly and I nod. "You slept the whole way; I didn't want to wake you."

Those beautiful hazel eyes of hers lock with mine and I feel my breath evaporate from my lungs. "Y-You can put me down now; I have to unlock my door." I nod and do as she says. I reluctantly set her on her feet, and I am instantly saddened. It felt nice having her in my arms, I didn't want it to end just yet. But all good things must end.

Unlocking her door, she spins around and tells me she's going to go to sleep. I guess that's my cue to go. I rub the back of my neck. Kiss her you idiot.

"I'll message you when I get up." Wait. I need to make some progress here. Even if it's baby steps. "Can I give you my actual number? We won't have to message on Youtube anymore." Her sleepy eyes widen, and she smiles small. "Sure." I watch as she pulls out her phone and I recite my number to her, and she gives me hers. "Thanks, Jungkook, I'm going to go nap, I'll text you later." I nod and she stares at me for a minute before going inside her house and closing the door.

I just stand there for a moment. It's like the sun just set. I missed her the moment that door closed. I didn't want to leave, but I guess it would be creepy to wait around on her while she slept. I turn on my heel and walk back to the car before getting back into it.

"Going back to the dorms?" My driver asks me, and I nod, my mood solemn. I had to do something, I wanted her to know how I felt but I didn't know how to go about it. I'd think of something, I had to. Things needed to change before I was friend zoned forever. And that's the last place I want to stay.

 And that's the last place I want to stay