Borahae

It was Saturday and I still wasn't able to make sense of anything. Kye hadn't attempted to contact me, and I wasn't sure if that was suspicious or not. My brain didn't want to meet this mystery person, but my heart and gut told me to.

My brain focused in on what Sylus was rambling about. I had been so lost in my thoughts I hadn't heard a word he was saying. He was digging through my closet. "Purple, purple. Aha!" I look up at him and he yanks out a purple dress. It's slightly formal and I shake my head at it. "Sy, that's too fancy." He rolls his eyes. "Yeah right, your mystery man bought you a personalized solid gold necklace, you should at least dress up for him."

I tuned him out as he kept looking through my things. He was looking for an alternative and shoes to go with his first choice. My phone buzzes and my attention goes to the screen. It was Jungkook.

Jungkook:

We should do karaoke tonight! I haven't hung out with you in so long.

I smiled at the text. I most definitely wanted to hang out with him. I wasn't meaning to be distant lately, but most of my time was spent trying to figure out who my mystery man was.

Me:

I can't tonight, I'm sorry.

What about tomorrow? :]

Jungkook:

Okay, sounds great!

I smiled widely and Sylus caught me. "Why are you smiling so much?" I lock my phone quickly and lie about it. "Just a funny Tiktok video." He nods suspiciously at me, not quite believing me, but didn't have a real reason not to. "Okay, this dress, with these black heels!"

 "Okay, this dress, with these black heels!"

Sighing, I gave in. "Fine, I'll wear that." Sylus claps happily and I roll my eyes at his over-enthusiasm. "You're way too excited about this Sylus, you know it might not end well." Sylus scoffs. "Have some faith! Live a little, girl."

Sylus drove me to the Namsan Mountain Park

Sylus drove me to the Namsan Mountain Park. Luckily, I knew the gazebo that was mentioned in the secret note. He pulls up and parks us. "I'll stand by, if you need me call me, if you feel okay, text me and I'll leave." I nod at his words. This seemed so dangerous to me. I had no idea who I was about to meet but I did know that my heart was pounding. My palms were sweating. I was secretly praying that it wasn't Kye.

Sylus takes my hand and kisses the top of it. "Go meet your future husband." He mocks me and I swat at his arm. "Shut UP Sy!" He giggles and I step out of the car. I walk over to the concrete path, slowly making my way to the gazebo. It's dark now and all I hear is the clicking on my heels on the sidewalk.

The gazebo is within my view now and I squint my eyes trying to make out the scene. Suddenly as I step closer the gazebo ignites, string lights wrapped around each pole illuminated the park. My eyes go wide as I can see clearly now. Standing in the center of the gazebo is someone with their back to me.

My feet stop as I'm a few feet away from the gazebo. The mystery man slowly turns around and my heart stops completely.

My mouth falls open and I stare into the doe eyes of Jungkook, who's giving me the most nervous smile I've ever seen on him

My mouth falls open and I stare into the doe eyes of Jungkook, who's giving me the most nervous smile I've ever seen on him. I step up onto the gazebo and approach him. "Jungkook?" I ask, still absolutely confused by everything.

"H-Hello." He says so sweetly and softly. His eyes leave mine and he looks at the necklace I'm wearing, he smiles. "You wore it. You look absolutely breathtaking." Butterflies explode in my stomach and my face heats up quickly.

"J-Jungkook, you- Why- What?" I'm not making sense or forming proper sentences. Jungkook just smiles and looks at the ground. I just stare at him in pure amazement. My mind twisted up in so many thoughts, assumptions, and questions. Jungkook was my secret admirer? I stole his heart? What was the meaning of all this?

Jungkook lets out a shaky breath and steps towards me, grabbing one of my hands and holding it with his. "I-I really like you. I have for a while now. I wanted to tell you for so long." I just blink at him; I feel heat moving from my cheeks to my ears.

"You...You?" I squeak out, still not forming real words. Jungkook laughs slightly and shifts his weight nervously. He looked incredibly handsome in all black, his hair combed back. He looked straight out of a dream. This whole situation seemed out of a dream.

"Let me explain everything." Jungkook finally says and I couldn't be happier to hear those words. "I asked you to karaoke to gauge if you were really going to show up, I had no way of telling without ruining the surprise. You've said before in one of your videos that your favorite color is purple. And purple happens to be the color of ARMY. So, it's our color." I smile fondly at his words.

Jungkook takes a step closer and is right next to me, I stare up at his perfect face. My breathing is nonexistent. "As for the necklace, the date written on it might not be significant to you, but to me it is. The date January 5th, 2022 is when you posted your first video on Youtube. It's when I first found you." My face gets impossibly redder, and my heart palpitates.

I grab a hold of my necklace and hold it tightly. This was all so incredibly sweet; I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Jungkook drops my hand and fidgets with his hands nervously. "I was hoping y-you'd go on a date with me." My lips part and my mind goes blank. A date with Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook?

"A-And if it goes well, m-maybe you'd be my...girlfriend." He swallows before he says the last word. My eyes widen as he finishes his sentence. I stare at him, stunned, completely astonished. I couldn't move, I was afraid that if I moved or spoke then I would wake up from this dream.

"Please say something." Jungkook says softly, not being able to handle the silence anymore.