Waiting for Walpurgis

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I find myself...somewhere. My surroundings are faded; foggy, yet familiar, but the name of this place fails to come to me as I struggle to remember it.

A rushing sensation fills me as I run through this place, a wide road devoid of movement, of life. Hints of red are scattered to my sides, but I don't pay any attention to them. A crunching sound under my feet reaches my ears but I block that out as well.

My only objective; get to a certain place. I know where it is but once again can't put a word to it.

Panic, worry, and anxiety fill me to the brim as I desperately try to reach my destination, but the road seems to stretch out forever. But then suddenly, I'm there. I'm where I was trying to get to, but the anxiousness in my heart worsens further. The relief I expected did not come.

There's a thickness to the air around me, a stifling viscosity that makes it hard to think, hard to breathe. This isn't reality, yet it is. What I'm seeing can't be real, but the evidence is overwhelming.

Many figures are laid out on the ground around me; motionless, their faces are indistinguishable to my eyes. Yet, I feel that same familiarity with them that I do with this strange place. A connection, a closeness that I can't explain, but I know them somehow, and seeing them in this state pains me greatly.

My mind fills with emotions that I'm not accustomed to.

Anger, rage, sadness, loss, and regret...oh so much regret!

"This is all my fault...if I was here..."

A voice plays in my head, trailing off; thoughts that don't feel like my own but somehow are.

If I was here...what...?

What happened here, I don't even know, but somehow I'm aware that this is all my fault.

The emotions are becoming too much to contain, but I don't feel any tears wetting my eyes. I don't hear any cries of despair escape my lips. I'm not doing...anything; simply standing here motionless as my head fills to the brim with the pain of my realization.

The tension reaches a breaking point and-

...

I sit up in my bed with a start, a cold sweat on my face. I'm breathing rapidly, trying to catch the breaths I didn't realize I wasn't taking. Still in a panic, I frantically look around and find my surroundings normal; my bedroom, yes, my bedroom in the Netherworld. I'm also in my bed...yes...all that was just a dream, but I've never had a dream like that in my life! It was so vivid, the emotions too real.

I wipe the sweat off my face and take a few more deep breaths, now somewhat calmer.

I try to recall some of what I experienced in the odd dream, but the memories of it are already slipping through my mind's fingers. The only thing that lingers is bitterness in my mouth and a feeling of emptiness.

Still feeling unsettled, I stumble downstairs for breakfast. Some food will make me feel better, it always does. It's hours earlier than I usually come down to eat, but that's fine. Opera is always up way before I am so he can get started with his duties and is always willing to make me something if I ask. Glancing at the clock, I realize that Rimuru might not have left yet for school either, so maybe they'll eat with me?