||3||

After a while of searching later_

We looked over a freeway.

"Are you certain they'll come through here?" Winter Soldier asked.

"Yeah," I nodded, "they should be coming around here any minute now."

My gaze landed on a vehicle driving faster than it should be.

"There," I pointed, "try to stop them will you?"

"What are you going to do?" he asked, glancing down to me.

I pulled out a knife and jumped down on the road.

"Obviously I'm going to stand in the middle of the road. It's my turn," I smiled, "let's go."

He nodded and ran for the vehicle, jumping across car rooves.

I just casually walked across the sections, cars swerved around me as I did.

Swinging my knife across my fingers, I stopped and looked forward at the car just as Winter Soldier dropped down on top of it, dragging a guy out and tossing him to the road.

The car screeched to a halt not too far away, tossing my partner off.

He landed in front of me.

"Get up," I kicked him lightly in the back, "nows not the time to nap."

He let out a scoff as he got up.

Romanoff pulled a gun up and aimed but was interrupted by the collision of another vehicle from behind.

Was that planned? Probably not.

Did it help? Definitely.

The car was being pushed towards us.

The man at the wheel wasn't a target so I didn't bother to look at him since he was panicking.

Meanwhile, our two targets were both sat in the passenger seat.

The car got closer and Winter Soldier did a pretty fancy looking flip over the top while I just jumped up and landed on the hood.

"Hi there," I faked a smile, "Romanoff and Rogers, correct? Good to know we've got the right people."

The sound of the breaks being pushed down more screeched through and I swayed back slightly.

Waving my arms around, I caught my balance again just as the window was smashed in by the Winter Soldier.

I threw my knife just for it to skim the drivers face and embed itself in the headrest behind him due to the sudden swerve of the car when I threw it.

"Oh shit--" I waved my arms as the car was smashed into again.

I looked to Winter Soldier who was now stood on the hood of the other car.

This other car is doing our job for us.

Another bump was all it took for the wrecked car to completely go wild.

It hit the separator and flipped, I jumped and braced myself, giving myself an easier fall, rolling as I hit the ground.

When I looked up, I saw the three had fell out the car on a shield.

The other vehicle driver was one of our guys from Hydra it seemed.

I pulled my guns out from the holsters.

"Say hello to my little friends," I grinned as the two targets came into range. They both noticed me as I lined my guns up and started shooting.

Shield up, Rogers charged at me but was quickly tossed to the side by my partner and his weapon.

The Hydra guys and Winter Soldier walked over to my side. The guys were shooting while my partner was just having a casual stroll.

"Rogers fell over to the street," I nodded my head in the direction the shield wielding man had fallen, "Romanoff is behind the grey minivan. The non target is behind the silver Ford."

He glanced to the Ford.

"Yeah. We should probably kill him too. Its safe to say he's a threat," I nodded, answering his unspoken question.

Romanoff fired back but Winter Soldier shot right back, the explosion forcing her to also jump over the separation.

"Well that weapon is certainly good to give our targets an easier way to escape," I glanced to the guy who just gave me a blank look, "You're going to say I'm wrong?"

(not that one video running through my head now... Goddamn it)

"I've got her. You go after him," Winter Soldier told me after a shoot out that ended with the guy losing his shades.

Didn't we agree the other way around?

Shrugging I gestured to the Hydra guys to follow me while Winter Soldier went after Romanoff.

Guess I'm after some guy with a weirdass shield.

We grappled down to the road where a bus had crashed due to the guys sudden fall into it earlier.

"Hold-" I told the guys as I watched for a moment.

Is there anyone in there.

Movement caught my eye and I nodded.

"Fire," I ordered, the four men opened fire on the bus.

I stood and watched as our target charged through a window at the end of the bus, shield up and blocking the bullets.

Bullets are going to be wasted if we can't get rid of that shield.

It's made out of some kind of rare ass metal that can't be punctured by anything. Well, nothing standard made from lesser metals like our bullets.

I don't want to get into a close confrontation with this guy either. I may top him in agility and speed but he will most definitely out do me in strength and a shield may be defensive but it can also be used as a weapon if you hit someone hard enough so being in close proximity to that... Not a good idea.

What to do... What... To... Do...

Hmm..

Glancing around, I noticed a steel rod that'd been pulled from a piece of concrete after the bus had crashed.

"Ah-- that's perfect," I smiled and walked over and grabbed it.

Ugh- it's stuck.

Pulling on the rod, I ended up stumbling back slightly when it as suddenly released from its hold.

"Bloody hell-" I muttered before swinging it around a bit.

The weights not bad.

Not too heavy, not too light. I can throw it.

All I have to do is separate that guy from his shield and we'll have an opening.