Under The Stars

"I-Is this a joke? Because that would be very cruel." Jungkook blinks at me. He lifts his hand and smooths his thumb slowly across my cheek. It makes my skin tingle. "No, I would never joke about something like this."

My heart is beating so hard. Jungkook grabs one of my hands and laces our fingers together, I look down at our hands and then back up to him. "Can we go on our date now?" I nod and smile widely at him. "Of course." Jungkook grins and then makes me sit on the bench inside the gazebo. "Okay, give me a minute." The string lights dance in his happy eyes.

He runs off to the back side of the gazebo and comes back with his arms full. He was holding a blanket in one arm and a basket in the other. "How about a moonlight picnic?" He asks, his smile so wide and bright it rivaled the white lights hanging nearby.

Jungkook unrolls the blanket it and flops it around until it lays flat on the floor of the gazebo. He sits down on it with his legs crossed and I kneel down beside him, sitting with my legs together. He opens the basket and starts pulling out plates of food. I can't help but laugh. How did he plan all of this?

Handing me a warm plate filled with steak and a baked potato, he then pulls out some yeast rolls. I laugh as the food keeps coming from the basket. He then pulls out a bottle of wine and I laugh harder. The basket was like a magician's hat. It seemed bottomless.

I quickly pull out my phone as Jungkook is busy with the basket. I text Sylus so he can leave. I know I'm safe. I couldn't be safer.

Me:

Sylus you can leave. I'm as safe as I can be. You'll never believe who my mystery date is."

As I finish typing, I snap a quick picture of Jungkook fooling with the basket. I wanted to remember this moment. I'd never post it, not without permission. But I needed this memory for the rest of my life.

Jungkook hands me my utensils and we begin to eat our dinner under the stars. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." I mumble softly. Jungkook smiles at me as he chews on his steak, looking exactly like a bunny.

"I wanted to tell you for so long, how I felt. But I just didn't want to say it. I wanted to show it as well." My face turns red, I avert my eyes. He was making me so nervous. He usually did, but more so now.

Jungkook sat down his empty plate. He eats faster than anyone I've met. "D-Do you like me back?" He asks me hesitantly. I give him a silly look, as if that question needed to be asked. "How could I not? You're...well you're perfect." An adorable tint of pink decorates Jungkook's cheeks.

"So, you'd want to date me?" He asks again, asking the same thing but in a different form. I laugh at him; he was being so adorable. "I absolutely would Jungkook." He grins widely, showing off all his perfect teeth and then looks down.

Once we are done eating, Jungkook grabs my hand and pulls me out of the gazebo, and we stand beside it. He takes out his phone and opens an app. Once he slides his finger down on his phone the string lights on the gazebo dim. It was romantically dim now.

"I've always wanted to dance under the stars." He confesses to me and my heart beats faster. Jungkook lifts one of my hands and wraps his arm around my waist. We begin to slow dance together. I giggle at him. "There's no music though." Jungkook smiles and begins to sing.

"You are the sunlight that rose again in my life. The second coming of my dreams from my youth. I don't know what this emotion is, perhaps this is also the inside of a dream." I automatically recognize the beautiful lyrics of 'Euphoria.'

My body turns to pure liquid as his honey sweet voice sings softly in my ear as he holds me close, as we slow dance. Our bodies sway so slowly but my heart is pounding so hard. I'm having trouble thinking straight.

"Would I have wandered to find a dream that disappears like a rainbow. It's different from a common word like destiny. Your painful gaze and I are looking to the same place. Won't you please stay in dreams."

Dreams, this seemed like a dream. There's no way this was real life. But even my brain couldn't fabricate a perfect date like this. I couldn't be any happier than I was at this very moment.

Jungkook presses his forehead to mine and finishes the song, singing beautifully and softly.

"Cause when I'm with you I'm in utopia..."

I could feel his warm breath against my face, and I've never wanted someone to kiss me so badly in my life. My heart and lips were begging for it.

"Jungkook..." I whisper so quietly. His eyes meet mine. "Kiss me, please."

He parts his lips slightly and immediately presses them to mine. They were so soft, and he kissed me gently. He holds lightly to my face as he pulls away after only a few short kisses. I wanted more. I wanted to kiss him for endless hours. His perfect smile spreads across his face. The number of butterflies in my stomach were deafening.

Unfortunately, Jungkook steps away and I regret the sudden distance. "I'll take you home." He says softly, the smile not leaving his lips. Mine didn't leave either. I nod and he grabs my hand, we hold hands as he walks me out of the park.

 I nod and he grabs my hand, we hold hands as he walks me out of the park