Rainy day

Down in the basement, y/n sits at her desk with her nose stuck in a journal, scribbling notes down on a piece of paper. The cold basement floor on the pads of her feet send a shiver up her legs, making her pull them up to her chest.

She shivers, shoving her legs under her shirt, when she feels two hands on her shoulders. She screams in fear, before Sun puts his hands out as he apologizes profusely.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He puts his hands on his head, stepping back.

"It's okay, sunny. What do you need?" She chuckles to expel the nervous energy.

"I was bored, so I came to see what you were doing! Have you made any new discoveries?" Y/n lights up at his question.

"Yes! Look at this. So in 1983, Fredbear Family Diner closed down. Then later it was reopened, but closed again due to a malfunction of an animatronic, a kid got his face bitten by "the loving, yellow bear known by locals as Fredbear." She recites from a newspaper clipping. Sun listens intently on at her ramblings.

"But get this. The kid who was in the accident, was none other than Evan Afton. Name sound familiar? It's William Afton's son." She jumps from note to note on the walls, accidentally tripping over a box of papers in her scramble.

"And over here, a journal entry on 05-23-83, the owner of the journal is talking about his brother getting badly hurt in Fredbears, and actually going into a coma! So whoever did all this research before me is William Afton's other son! I don't know his name, but it seems he was trying to solve the murders too. I don't know what happened to him though, the entries stopped a few years ago." She sits on her stool in defeat. Sun takes a moment to take it all in, and laughs nervously.

"Well that's very... interesting. Don't you think all this is too much?"

"What do you mean?" She says, sifting through random notebook papers.

"All the... death and violence." He looks around before saying the words in a hushed tone, like he was uttering a horrible curse word.

"It's... definitely a lot. But I can handle it! And I want to find out what happened." She walks towards the stairs with Sun on her heels, looking back at the pile of mess like it might follow them up.

"It's still raining, huh? Hey, how water proof are you?" Y/n smirks, getting an idea.

"I'm designed to manage little spills and fluids, since I work with kids a lot. Why do you ask?" She says nothing but takes his hand, pulling him out into the porch.

"Hey, hey! Whatre you doing?" He says nervously.

"Isn't it peaceful? Have you ever wanted to run around in it?" She says, walking out into the yard.

"N-no, I- where are you going? You'll catch a cold!" He runs to the railing, being careful not to step past the roof. Y/n stands in the yard, her arms outstretched towards the sky and chuckling to herself.

Finally, some peace.

In the rain, looking into the sky, it almost seems like everything with the pizzaplex never happened. Like she's still at her favorite park with her friends who are very much human, playing games and snickering about boys and planning their futures.

"Come back inside before you get wet!" Suns high voice brings her crashing down to reality, making her sigh, lowering her arms. It's not like she doesn't like the animatronics, but she misses her friends, and her old routine. Her school, her teachers. She realizes she took it for granted, and she'll never make that mistake again.

Perhaps she jumped into the whole "fake my death" thing too fast, she should've thought about it more. Did she make the right choice? Does she really want to dedicate her time to solving the murder and violence of these haunted animatronics?